Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort
Oceanview Hotel(Gros Islet)
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
Stephanie's Hotel(Gros Islet)
7,244 results
All reviewsla toccrepesclub levellondon pubour honeymoonenglish pubmain poolbutler servicebutler suitespeedboat tourjerk shackred lane spast luciafort rodneyno pressurelagoon poolpigeon island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My wife and I traveled to Sandals Grande to celebrate our 16th anniversary (and our first real vacation away from the kids in 5 years or so...)

As others have mentioned before, the ride from UVF to the resort is long (it took us just under 2 hours in afternoon traffic) on some steep, winding roads, but it was manageable. (Dramamine recommended for those who get motion sickness!)

Upon arriving at the resort, we were escorted to the Club Sandals lounge for check-in. The process was quick and easy.

Our room was just down the hall from the lounge and faced away from the beach/pool, which for us, brought some much needed peace and quiet! The bed was comfortable, the bathroom/shower looks like it had been recently updated (nice mosaic tile in the shower).

I highly recommend selecting a Club Sandals / concierge-level room. The price is not that much more expensive than the standard rooms, but the benefits are totally there. Room service, a stocked mini-bar, plus the wonderful Club Sandals staff (Lance, Trista and Mervin specifically) who will take care of just about anything you need. There are also some exclusive Club Sandals events (cocktail party, Pigeon Island hike, etc...) that you get access to.

We took a hike with Trista and Lance up to Fort Rodney on Pigeon Island. It was an easy walk and we got some interesting history/background about the island along the way. Plus, the "surprise" at the end of the hike was totally worth it.

The food was okay. Not great by any means, but acceptable. I'm a relatively picky eater but was able to find something to my taste every night. For breakfast, I highly recommend the omelette station! We enjoyed dinner at Tuscanini's. We did not eat at Gordon's. However, we did have steak at our beachfront candlelight dinner -- which was perfect! (We did, however, find ourselves craving a good old-fashioned burger when we got home...)

We spent a lot of our time poolside -- specifically at the upper waterfall pool. It was nice and quiet -- a great place if you're looking for some relaxation instead of socializing with the other guests at the main pool.

We also highly recommend the JJ "No Problem" speedboat tour -- the snorkeling was great, the mud bath was HOT, the waterfall was cool and the rum punch was STRONG. I'll leave it at that!

We felt the spa services were quite overpriced, and my wife reports that the pedicure she got was rather rough -- her legs were sore afterwards from the massage.

The staff was incredibly attentive and courteous. I don't know what else to say about them!

All in all, if we can find a way to slip away again, I could see us making a return trip!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aaron S
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Our trip to the Grande was amazing. From the arrival complete with champagne, to the beach activities, our wedding, the spa . . . it was all well worth the expense.

Overall, the wedding was the highlight (for obvious reasons), despite a serious amount of worrying otherwise. Our wedding planner, Jenna, took care of every detail. And the photographer, Jameson, did an excellent job. I had wedding hair and makeup done in the spa and my husband had a pre-wedding massage. Both of us were very satisfied. We also enjoyed the candlelight dinner, which I highly recommend to anyone, wedding or not.

To counter the positive, I feel inclined to share one negative. I am a very picky eater, and I was not impressed with the food. I was able to eat at every meal, but I had to pick and choose. I think the best meal I had was chargrilled snapper at Barefoot, sans sauce. Also, the buffet at Bayside has many a la carte options, which did provide some lighter fare.

Other than that, it was an amazing "weddingmoon" and vacation that both my husband and I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank PrincessLalaO
Reviewed 26 August 2014

What a wonderful week. Especially thanks to Winston for his generosity and to the ladies at Josephines for their smiles as well as the good lattes and the coconut ice cream. The entire staff was very friendly but a few more smiles could have been flashed in the Bayside restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank NORMAN G
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Had the opportunity to tour this property and enjoy it for the day. The beach is gorgeous and the grounds are very well kept. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Sandals really does keep the property updated. This is a great place to stay for the water-sports enthusiast, as their kayaks and Hobie Cats are in great shape. A great snorkeling site very close to shore. If you are the adventurous sort, there's a great hike available nearby in Pigeon Island Park. Climb up to Signal Port for an amazing view of Rodney Bay.

Just make sure you check in with security when you return to avoid questions!

Food here was excellent. If you get a chance to try the lamb lasagna, do so!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank John B
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Every employee was terrific and I can't wait to come back.

Specific employees who made the trip terrific: Peter, Ivana, Kyle, Sue Ann and Julie. Thank you all for everything. You made our Honeymoon a total success.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor offer direct pool access or direct garden access.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple