“A steak to die for”

Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Iain, Chris and the team warmly welcome you to Martins Pond. As valued guests to our lovely country pub,we aim to exceed your expectations from the moment you enter,delivering the friendliest service possible within a relaxed & cozy atmosphere. Being passionate about our business we endeavour to provide the best quality produce and have selected local suppliers to ensure outstanding results. We have extensively refurbished the pub to create a wonderful space for any ocassion, whether it be a leisurely lunch, family dinner, or just a few cheeky drinks!
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Nestling by a pond and the village green I have often visited 'The Pond' as it is known locally, for a drink. This week my wife and I had an early supper there. I ordered the rump steak, medium rare. It was delicious. A large size, cooked to perfection just how I like it and so tender I could have cut it with my fork. It was accompanied by a salad garnish and twice-cooked chips which were light on fat and all fluffy inside. I shared a side salad which was again generously portioned. The bar staff wait on table here and are cheerful, friendly and really try hard.

The environment is good with an eating area in the main bar and another one in a conservatory. It is clean and tastefully furnished. The menu offers a good choice of dishes which have pub favourites but also some fairly 'cheffy' gastro items. They have a specials board and I was tempted by several of the offerings. We had two courses each and a couple of glasses of wine, a bottle of mineral water and two coffees. The total food and drink bill was around £30 a head.

If I have to offer any constructive criticism it would be about the coffee. Some Barista training is perhaps needed. My lasting memory will be of the delicious steak. I will find it hard on future visits to try anything else.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

We held the reception following our Sons Christening at Martins Pond and once again were very pleased with everything. Melanie was extremely helpful throughout the organisation, the conservatory was beautifully decorated for us and the staff on the day were very attentive and helpful.
We had the BBQ option, and everyone commented ow gorgeous the food was, especially the chicken kebabs.
Well done Martins Pond for making our day extra special!

Reviewed 26 July 2012

July26/7/2012.We have just come back from having a excellent lunch the food was very cooked and presented.The staff were very friendly we went with friends who really enjoyed it .Thank you to every one well worth a visit. from Mr&mrs Blackwell & Mr&mrs norrman.

Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

Goid varied menu from simple stuff to more fancy dishes, not trying to be posh and certainly not pretentious. Fabulous all round village pub in the heart of a little village. Staff sweet, decor modern and comfortable. Sunday lunch was great at a very reasonable price!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

On saturday 7th july2012,we held our sons 21st birthday birthday,well what can l say,first mel the owner was very welcoming she helped us plan the party from start to finsh,the food which was a bbq got rave reviews from our 75 guests.The staff were top class,helping in which ever way they could,the whole evening really could have not been better,it was special from the moment we walked in.Thank you Mel and all your staff.