“What a setting!” 4 of 5 bubbles

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“What a setting!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I took my 2.5 year old and 6 month old for a parent and baby screening to see the new Lego movie (not something my little one or I would be interested in, but went for the experience-although I actually really enjoyed it). The staff, once you finally get through to them, are very helpful. Unfortunately you can't book online which means endlessly calling till you get through!

The access for a tandem buggy was good. You just go round to the side of the Gatsby where there is a gate which leads straight into the screen.

There is a little bar in the screen, unfortunately I didn't arrive early enough to investigate this. The toilets are immediately outside the screen, although there was only one baby changing facility so there was rather a large queue as people were leaving!

We had some seats at a table and just about managed to fit 3 buggies around. The swivel chair wasn't ideal for my toddler and the lighting and sound weren't really that baby friendly (lights were of and sound was still loud).

I can imagine going as a couple would be rather romantic/atmospheric with the awesome 20's decor. Ideal night would have been watching The Great Gatsby with hubby then going to the Gatsby next door for dinner!

“Fab setting for mum and baby outing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My sister in law recently invited me to join her and her 7 month old at a parent and baby showing. We were advised when I booked the tickets over the phone that we could use the side entrance if we had a pram.

I had a double buggy with my 2.5 yr old and 6 month old in and found it so easy to just go straight into the cinema screen. The little tables with comfy swivel chairs and decor were brilliant, although maybe not for a toddler who can keep turning the chair around! It was a bit of a squeeze getting all the buggies into the table areas, but not anywhere near as bad as I was expecting!

Unfortunately we didn't get to sample any of the drinks or food on offer at the back of the room, but it was good that the bar was situated in the screen.

For the baby screening there are no adverts, however the lights were completely off and the sound still seemed pretty loud for the type of screening.

Overall a lovely experience.

Tring, Hertfordshire
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent Art Deco venue with a difference.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Been here a few times over a few years. The first time, was seated at one of the tables (with beer/wine!). A very novel experience! The rest of the times, just sat in the normal rows! A very ornate Art Deco building. Planning our next trip later this month! Can't wait until the sister building in St Albans opens!

Visited May 2013
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“The BEST cinema”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Just how all cinemas should be. A real occassion when visiting not just 'to watch a film' Excellent decor,original features. Friendly staff and so very helpful. Confortable seating.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Special Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This makes cinema into an experience to be remembered. From the welcoming foyer, the oh so spacious seats , wonderful decor and James welcoming speech it is an excellent way to spend and evening

Visited April 2014