“A great experience regardless of the film”
Review of The Rex Cinema

The Rex Cinema
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Berkhamsted
More attraction details
Owner description: The Rex has one huge screen set in a glorious 1938 art-deco proscenium with the sharpest film projection and clearest non-booming sound anywhere in the world. Throughout, its seating is big and soft. It has been called luxurious. It is better. It is civilized. It reminds us of what we have long stopped expecting from public buildings.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Old world charm. Especially liked the comfy chairs and tables towards the front. Bar nicely situated to have a drink during the film. Took a party of 10 to The Rex for my daughters birthday. Film was awful but hey I think we knew that before booking!

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This is how a cinema souls be run
Great choice of films great seats and for a treat go for the tables and enjoy the cheese and wine whilst watching the film
The staff are excellent and the set up a joy
The only small quibble is that it gets very warm ( air conditioning ) in the upper seats

Been here on a number of occasions and is heartily recommended

Reviewed 17 June 2014

It wouldn't matter to me if the film wasn`t too good as the real reason we like to go here is to have a camp cocktail in The Gatsby next door and then stretch out in the armchairs and lose ourselves in movie nostalgia

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Quirky but relaxed. Always a pleasant atmoshpere. Everyone is always nice and some of the films are a bit more off beat.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

What a fabulous place. I had heard of it but it's an hour away from me and so I had not been. I looked up a film I wanted to see and found another I'd missed. Comfy plush seats, excellent value in the afternoons, lots of films you won't see in your local multiplex, friendly helpful staff, parent and baby welcome screenings, cheap parking up the road (on the high street it's only up to an hour). I'm going again on Monday and will try the restaurant at the front. A separate venture I think but very classy looking.

Thee place to go for a date to impress. Well done James Hannaway for saving it.