“My favourite spot in Berkhamsted”
Review of Dar Papillon - CLOSED

Dar Papillon
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Dar Papillon is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon. I had the afternoon tea selection of sweet and savoury snacks- a delicious and interesting twist on a classic. Sitting in the magical walled garden and sipping on a delicious Jasmine Pearl tea is a real delight. Highly recommended!

1  Thank EliseB120

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Dar Papillon is a delight. Delicious menu, freshly prepared in such a varied setting. You can sit wherever you like in whichever ambience pleases you most. Will definitely be back. I even ate dates, a pet hate since childhood. Delicious. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Finally got round to visiting this shop/cafe and really wished I'd been in sooner. The lady that runs/owns(?) it is delightful and so helpful. My friend and I both tried the chart masala (apologies for spelling mistakes) which was sooooo tasty. We both ended up buying a jar of the chutney which had been used in our meal. It's so refreshing to get away from the high-street chains / trendy cafe bars and go somewhere so relaxing and welcoming with quality and tasty food. As you can tell, I'll be back.

1  Thank harebells2000
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I hired out the restaurant for 7 adults & one 5yr old for my birthday on a Saturday evening. I generally don't eat out as being vegan and coeliac it makes it impossible. We were a mixture of vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters. Everyone was catered for and enjoyed their food (even the meat eaters!). My five year old nephew loved his pizza and also the bright colours of the very comfy sofas appealed to him, he sat on them most of the evening! We were able to park outside the restaurant which was a bonus. Salva was very welcoming and the restaurant had a lovely cosy atmosphere in the evening. There is nowhere like this anywhere near here and I shall definitely be going back. Thank you for making my birthday so fantastic.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Great welcome with a complimentary drink & hors d'oeuvre. Properly home-cooked food with amazing flavours. everything done with consummate care & attention - right down to the great music and friendly smiles. Well stocked vegan / vegetarian / health food shop as well.