“Best backpacking experience I've ever had!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Raglan
Raglan Backpackers and Waterfront Lodge
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I feel obliged to write this review as I stayed here in March of 2009. Since then I've covered a lot of road and stayed at more than a few hostels. This was the best, loved my time there and if I had it to do all over again, I'd have spent two weeks instead of one. Raglan is great, the surf is nothing short of perfect and my whole stay there was relaxed and just what I needed after partying throughout the rest of New Zealand.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Raglan is a really chilled out place. The weather was awful when we were there but still my husband and I really enjoyed our 3 nights stay in a double. The place it self was clean and the bedrooms were everything we needed. The electric blankets were a bonus... Not to mention the spa pool and the sauna great value for money :)

Room Tip: Try to avoid room 8 as it backs onto the lounge and as much as they try to keep people quiet after 9...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darren W
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Raglan Backpackers ist an awesome, well located accomodation with very laid-back and friendly staff.
Its located right at the waterside and you have an amazing view from there, especially at sunset!
If you're into watersports, the staff will be keen to take you for a surf and give you the right instructions, or you could enjoy yourself at a nice trip to the pancake rocks with the kayaks you can rent at the hostel.
Another great aspect are hot tub and the hammocks, where you can relax after an adventurous day.
The rooms itselves are very nice with comfy beds and even electic blankets.
Enjoying a great meal can be easily done thanks to the well-equipped kitchen and the beautiful lounge and dining room.
I really enjoyed my stay at Raglan Backpackers and I will definetely be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Raglan Backpackers is a clean, relaxed and cool place with everything you could need. Skateboards,guitars,surfequpment,free kayaks, a hot top,basketbalground,a skateground and so on and on.
The prices are affordable and you will enjoy your time there, I promise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great place to stay in Raglan! The backpackers has a hot tub, hammocks to relax in, and kayaks to borrow to see the estuary. If you're feeling adventurous, leave just before high tide, and kayak around the entire estuary (it's bigger than it looks, might take a few hours). It was one of the highlights of my visit.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My favourite hostel in NZ, great location, friendly staff, comfy beds, nice lounge, hot tub, sauna.

Raglan is a surfers Mecca which is why we ended up coming back three times on our trip in NZ. If there is swell the hostel will always organise a trip down with boards and wetsuits available for hire. So even if you have never surfed before there is no excuse for not getting out there!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul J
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed at the Hostel only for one night, but enjoyed every single second we spent there! Aaron at the reception was great, helpful and the perfect surf-instructor. We have been sleeping in the dorm, beds were extremely comfy and we even had electric blankets (and what a view from the window at sunrise!)
Winter deal on surf gear really worth it! We went out in the Tasman Sea to catch some good waves and had a lot of fun!
Do not hesitate to book here and spend an amazing week in Raglan. There's soooo much to do! Will go back for sure!

Room Tip: All bedrooms are quiet because people at the hostel are extremely respectful! :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends