“Wonderfully laid back ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Raglan
Raglan Backpackers and Waterfront Lodge
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here as part of the stray bus experience and found it perfect. It is a really chilled out place to be and I was disappointed I was only there for a night which I feel speaks volumes for a hostel!

They offer a bus into the town, and to the beach an is a great place to chill out for a few days.

The rooms are good, too- typically 4 bed dorms an split into female and male however private rooms are also available!

The hostel is clean- bathrooms basic but just what you need and immaculate. Could do with a few more toilets but that's the only drawback I found with it!

Large kitchen with everything you need- great comfy tv room and good choice of films!

Staff were friendly and helpful, too :)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RebeccaJDavies

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I loved staying here. I think it's one of the best hostels I stayed in. The yard inside is lovely and the hostel itself is not too big. You feel like you are a part of a big family and everybody is super nice!!! The staff is incredible! The hostel offers surf gear which you can rent super cheap, Kayaking and Stand-up paddeling. After you are coming back from a surf session you can relax in the clean spa!!! Just great!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We had an awesome stay at backpackers a month ago with great service and help with everything for our surf trip.

Great jacuzzi, shower was good. Room was comfy!

The kitchen was clean and everything was sorted!

Just great!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I feel obliged to write this review as I stayed here in March of 2009. Since then I've covered a lot of road and stayed at more than a few hostels. This was the best, loved my time there and if I had it to do all over again, I'd have spent two weeks instead of one. Raglan is great, the surf is nothing short of perfect and my whole stay there was relaxed and just what I needed after partying throughout the rest of New Zealand.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Raglan is a really chilled out place. The weather was awful when we were there but still my husband and I really enjoyed our 3 nights stay in a double. The place it self was clean and the bedrooms were everything we needed. The electric blankets were a bonus... Not to mention the spa pool and the sauna great value for money :)

Room Tip: Try to avoid room 8 as it backs onto the lounge and as much as they try to keep people quiet after 9...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darren W
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Raglan Backpackers ist an awesome, well located accomodation with very laid-back and friendly staff.
Its located right at the waterside and you have an amazing view from there, especially at sunset!
If you're into watersports, the staff will be keen to take you for a surf and give you the right instructions, or you could enjoy yourself at a nice trip to the pancake rocks with the kayaks you can rent at the hostel.
Another great aspect are hot tub and the hammocks, where you can relax after an adventurous day.
The rooms itselves are very nice with comfy beds and even electic blankets.
Enjoying a great meal can be easily done thanks to the well-equipped kitchen and the beautiful lounge and dining room.
I really enjoyed my stay at Raglan Backpackers and I will definetely be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Raglan Backpackers is a clean, relaxed and cool place with everything you could need. Skateboards,guitars,surfequpment,free kayaks, a hot top,basketbalground,a skateground and so on and on.
The prices are affordable and you will enjoy your time there, I promise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple