“Excellent SUP lesson”

Surf Safe Surf Coaching Raglan
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfing and Stand Up Paddle lessons for beginner to advanced
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Would highly recommend Steve.
Had a 3 hour one on one as I wanted to hone my technique. Steve was extremely thorough, from the land based theory to the on the water practical. He adapted to the conditions and to my capabilities and it was great value for money. Feeling confident about getting out there and practising what I learnt.

1  Thank F0zz

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Spur of the moment decision to head to Raglan from Hamilton to learn to paddle board which takes around an hour. Early morning start and Steve was awesum. Very thorough in his ground based instructions and easy to understand.
Once on the water it was magic... even if I did end up a bit wet to start with... but hey it wouldn't be a water sport without getting in the water would it :)
Loved every minute of it.. great work out without feeling it and stunning setting on the water in Raglan.
Definitely want to try it again. A great introduction to paddleboarding.

1  Thank Catriona M
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Steve was a fabulous instructor for my family of non-surfers!! He was simply incredible working with my two girls (9,11). They are still repeating the ABCs of surfing and talking about the "chicken lizard" technique. None of us had ever surfed before and within three hours he had us all standing and surfing on our own. Great fun!!

1  Thank Mags260
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Husband and I went for a 3 hour beginners surf lesson and we have been converted! Now if only our end of the Pacific ocean was as nice :-)
Steve was a fabulous instructor! From stretching to the ABC's of learning to surf it all works to have you standing by the end and riding waves!
In 3 hours we had one of the best times of our trip and had wished we had spent more time here!

1  Thank M C
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Had 2 session of private lesson with Steve and he was AWESOME coach!!!. Detailed & practical. Told me why and what I did wrong then how to fix and improve it. Throughout the lesson he reminded me what I need to do. Also, cool personality and generous of giving the tips. Also what important is I feel safe throughout the lesson.

1  Thank imlaks