“Hospitality at it's BEST”
Review of Oakdale Manor

Oakdale Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Claremorris
Oakdale Manor
Ranked #5 of 7 Claremorris B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I booked this bed&breakfast at the last minute and little did I know what an absolute gem of a place it would turn out to be. From the moment you meet Carmel & Tom you are at home, they have gone above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and after a great nights sleep I was treated to an AMAZING BREAKFAST FIT FOR A KING. Many thanks to them both and to be sure I will return again very soon.

• Stayed: June 2012
8  Thank BeverleyStafford

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Very warm welcome, genial hosts, house with plenty of character. Excellent value for money

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Penny P
Reviewed 15 April 2011

came on this place by accident and were we lucky, carmel and tom are perfect hosts, we planned to stay one night and stayed two, we really enjoyed this beautiful home , and the town has great bars and restaurants, we will be back

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pattie3
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Lovely house and spacious, clean room. We received a lovely welcome from Carmel with tea and biscuits and she couldn't offer to help us enough. Breakfasts are enormous and she's happy to cook you anything you want. Really quiet and relaxing and amazingly cheap.
Well recommended!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RebeccaSackman
Reviewed 5 June 2010

If you like historic settings and staying in centuries-old manor houses, the Oakdale Manor is a place to try. While very close to the center of town, it feels like one is staying on a large country site. The wonderful home is far more special than the typical B&B, and the host attends to many details when it comes to a guest's comfort. There are optional heating sources for those who want more warmth than other guests, the rooms are spacious, the beds are very comfortable, and the breakfast is great. Having wireless access is a nice benefit as well. A warm welcome and kind attention is well-appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank leopardtoes
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I stayed in the wonderful Oakdale Manor last week as I had some business in the area. Carmel greeted me with tea, biscuits and a lovely chat! The room was beautiful and the shower was powerful (always something I look ot for!!)

I asked Carmel if she minded giving me a (very) early breakfast and what a spread appeared before me! It was gorgeous and I would love to stay there again, even if I didn't have to be exactly in Claremorris, I would certainly travel again.

Carmel could give courses on customer service as she is truly an expert and also, she knows how to keep her customers coming back - a recesssion will never affect a business like that!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank HighFlyerGalway
Reviewed 30 September 2009

We've just returned from a wonderful week's holiday staying at Oakdale Manor. We have never met a hostess so helpful and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble. Carmel even had a request played for us on the local radio station!
Make sure you diet before you stay there! Her breakfasts don't come in child-size portions!
The house is old and full of character. The three bedrooms are very spacious with high ceilings. Two of the rooms can be used as either a double or twin with a full ensuite bathroom, including bath as well as shower. Each room has a lovely settee to relax in the evenings. The third bedroom is a family room with a private shower room next door.
The house is set back from the main road, but if you want total peace ask for room 1 which is at the back of the house.
If you want to stay somewhere different from the run-of-the-mill Irish b&bs then Oakdale Manor won't disappoint.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travmanDorset_UK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremorris
McWilliam Park Hotel
Marnic House Bed and Breakfast
Ashlawn
Ashlawn
#3 of 7 in Claremorris

Been to Oakdale Manor? Share your experiences!