“The ultimate in comfort , quality and warm hospitality !!”
Review of Oakdale Manor

Oakdale Manor
Oakdale Manor
Ranked #4 of 7 Claremorris B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in Oakdale Manor on numerous occasions over the years. This weekend my new husband and I stayed there on our visit to Mayo. Apart from the sumptuous elegance and refined character of this period manor house and grounds, Carmel and Tom Ansboro are exceptional hosts. A delightful couple who go the extra mile for the comfort of their guests. They exude warmth and generosity and embrace you in an
atmosphere of complete comfort. There are no words adequate enough to describe the quality of the home cooked food !! Suffice it to say it's quantity and quality in abundance !! My favorite retreat in the West. Congratulations to Carmel and Tom for their consistently top class service with a big smile !

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank crystalbuddha

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed one night in Claremorris, at Oakdale Manor, and while the visit was short, I came away with 2 thoughts: 1, I wish we could have stayed longer, and 2. if I'm back in Claremorris I would absolutely stay there again.

The booking process was seamless, just by Carmel being incredibly responsive. She replied promptly to my email inquiries (other b&bs in the area either didn't get back to me for days, or were very curt in their replies), and was very accommodating to the fact that we were in a group and likely arriving late.

The house is just up from the main road in Claremorris, (a 10 minute walk from the bars and and restaurants along a quiet residential street.) Our room was lovely - we stayed in a group room that spacious, clean and comfortable. There were modern amenities such as wifi and satellite tv in the room, as well as important traditional ones, like an extra heater :)

Breakfast was fantastic - full irish,all you can eat. Carmel was so generous as to even offer our friend, who was local, breakfast when he came to collect us (when he declined she made sure he'd have a pot of tea).

There are other nice b&bs in Claremorris, but I would be happy to recommend this one first.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Marichan623
Reviewed 21 February 2013

What a fantastic b&b! A home from home! Food and facilities were excellent, and Carmal and Tom did their best to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. We want to thank them so much and we will defo be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank JoanneHale17
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I booked this bed&breakfast at the last minute and little did I know what an absolute gem of a place it would turn out to be. From the moment you meet Carmel & Tom you are at home, they have gone above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and after a great nights sleep I was treated to an AMAZING BREAKFAST FIT FOR A KING. Many thanks to them both and to be sure I will return again very soon.

• Stayed: June 2012
8  Thank BeverleyStafford
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Very warm welcome, genial hosts, house with plenty of character. Excellent value for money

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Penny P
Reviewed 15 April 2011

came on this place by accident and were we lucky, carmel and tom are perfect hosts, we planned to stay one night and stayed two, we really enjoyed this beautiful home , and the town has great bars and restaurants, we will be back

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pattie3
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Lovely house and spacious, clean room. We received a lovely welcome from Carmel with tea and biscuits and she couldn't offer to help us enough. Breakfasts are enormous and she's happy to cook you anything you want. Really quiet and relaxing and amazingly cheap.
Well recommended!