“Delightful evening”

Flanagans Pub
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Claremorris
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in Brickens on the N60, exactly halfway between the towns of Claremorris & Ballyhaunis
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

In Flanagan's last night for the Tapas, they were really fabulous. We have been here many times and the food and service are always second to none, this was our first time trying the tapas menu, I love how innovative these guys are. Thanks and well be back again on Sunday.

1  Thank Chris D

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My Wife, 2 young children and I just ate here. It is a very welcoming place with great facilities for the kids. Menu is extensive and has something for all tastes. Steak was very fresh and cooked exactly to my liking. My wife ordered duck and this was cooked to perfection. The baby bowls were excellent. I had malteser Cheese cake and it is an excellent dessert. Overall we were very impressed with the service and food. It is very rare to find a place so good in the west.

flanagans1965, Owner at Flanagans Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted that you & your family found us so welcoming and enjoyed your meal. We hope to welcome you back again to Flanagans in the near future,
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My wife and I have lunched at Flanagan’s many times, and visited on four occasions since the tapas menu was started earlier this year. On the last visit we were having difficulty in deciding what to choose from the excellent main menu, so settled instead for the wide range on the tapas card. We did not quite know what to expect, but were certainly not disappointed. Apart from the usual friendly and efficient service, which is always appreciated and part-and-parcel of Flanagan’s, we found no fault at all with the tapas selection that we ordered. Excellent quality and excellently presented generous portions. Highly recommended.

1  Thank rogwj

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted you are enjoying our Tapas Menu which is proving to be really popular with our customers. As you have found theres lots of delicious Tapas to choose from, the biggest difficulty being which ones to choose!
Kind Regards

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We went for a sunday lunch with a large group to celebrate a 30th birthday,the service started off ok but as the meal progressed it worse,we asked for the kids to be fed first which was'nt an issue,but when the starters for the adults started to arrive it came in dribs and drabs,the people next to me were practically finished by the time we recieved ours,we then had a long wait for mains which i have to say was poor at the very least,the meat was very fatty and of poor quality and again in reverse we had finished our main by the time the people next to us had recieved theirs,i for the life of me cannot understand people who want to work in the hospitality sector who are'nt hospitable,maybe it was the remains of saturday nights hangover but its crucial to any restaraunt to have warm friendly staff who at least look like they want to work there!!I have eaten here before and i could'nt fault it,but this visit left a taste in my mouth that would'nt have me returning any time soon!!

4  Thank fjb1976

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Here in Flanagans as a family run business we strive at all times to provide good customer service as well as serving freshly prepared locally sourced food. It is unfortunate that you feel that you did not experience this at your family birthday here last Sunday. However members of the party came at different times & ordered at different times and as all our food is cooked to order this led to some people being served before others, also some of the party wanted their mains brought out before others due to time constraints which we did. I myself was present that day and enquired with the party if everything was ok. At no time was I told otherwise or were any concerns voiced to me by any member of your party regarding the food or the service which I find perplexing as I could have rectified any issues there & then. Also when members of the party paid their bills again no one expressed dissatisfaction & also left a tip for the waiting staff.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Hard to pick what to eat as so many great dishes on the menu and heard great reviews of everything.

Definitely recommend