Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews night porter full irish breakfast would stay here again food was lovely ireland knock lock foyer
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Perfect location in Claremorris. Lively bar with friendly atmosphere. The food was fantastic with great helpful staff. Location was perfect for visiting the north west. Cong film location half an hour. Knock ten minutes. I would highly recommend this hotel. Home away from home.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diarmuidbegley
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here Sept 4-6 2017. This place was amazing ! There was nothing modern about it, it felt very old fashioned Irish . I was in a very spacious room 105. The lounge was rustic, always a fire going in the lobby. Breakfasts were traditional in is style and included with the stay - mmmm white and black pudding.

Anything I needed was provided. Katie and her family took great care of me! Not familiar with County Mayo, I was here to search family landmarks in close by villages -Katie provided me with bus times, taxi times and other pubs in the area .. however their Guinness and company was all I needed ! They Even took my clothes to the cleaners and dropped it off the next day.

The Pub was quaint, low lit and perfect for ending the day with pint or two - couldn't ask for more. Jimmy j - one of the bartenders was a solid guy - he was very helpful and attentive!

I slept amazing in the bed and my shower was hot as I wanted it ! I had a great time. I would definitely come back here!

A must book if your looking for an old fashioned style Irish hotel.

Thanks Western Hotel for making a solid memory for me !

Arian Sweet - Canada

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We came here for dinner on Tuesday night. We ordered a medium rare rib eye (on waitress' recommendation) and a burger.

Steak delivered was a large, thin, extremely well-done cut that was definitely not a rib eye. On mentioning this to the waitress I was informed the cows and cuts are different in Ireland! (Well, not so at other pubs/restaurants!) I gave up the discussion at this point which came after a long day of travelling. I must say, the sides with the steak were delicious.

My dining companion said the burger was flavourless.

This meal wasn't cheap and any kitchem should be able to produce a decent steak thus the low rating.

The publican/manager was a really nice bloke and I would consider staying in the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I recently spent a couple of nights here and it was great!
A family group were visiting the west of Ireland on a trip to take my mother back to where she grew up in the 1930s/40s.
The accommodation options were very limited in the area and the Western Hotel was obvious choice. I am sure that some people would have said that its 'tired' decor would put the off, but actually I think it's part of the charm and attraction.
In terms of service, food and Guinness, I couldn't fault it and excellent value for money.
The full Irish breakfast was very good with great service. We also ate in the bar one evening and again the choice, quality and service were excellent.
If you are looking for 5* service standards you'll be disappointed, however, if you want great service from people who care about customers and good quality food at value for money prices you will not be disappointed.
I would certainly stay there again and would thoroughly recommend it!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KJM511
Reviewed 20 July 2017

While travelling the west of Ireland recently we dropped into this lovely hotel again as it is hard to beat the food and service there, We were only in the door when we were shown to a table by Rachelle who looked after us like she had been waitressing all her life despite her being only a young girl, full of chat and always ready to help with service and bar work. A lot of staff could learn a thing or two from this little workhorse. the place itself was clean as always and the foor great.
Well done to all. See you again when in the area.

Room tip: rooms to rear quieter
Date of stay: July 2017