“Lovely hotel”

McWilliam Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Claremorris
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for my parents 40th wedding anniversary meal plus 2 nights accommodation, we booked 6 rooms in total. Rooms were very spacious and clean. We ate in the bar on the Friday night, the food and service was only ok, some of us didn't get all the sides we ordered & we had to remind staff of our orders. We had a meal in the restaurant the following day, food was great & service was excellent. Our servers were very friendly & very nice to out children. Breakfast was very good, plenty to choose from- fruit, pastries, cereals etc, and then we ordered cooked breakfasts. Swimming pool was a highlight for our kids! All leisure facilities very clean. Overall it was a lovely family friendly atmosphere in the hotel. Special mention to Maria Nolan who was my port of call in booking the meal for our parents, she was very helpful & accommodating. We would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Healys000

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in the hotel, Staff were friendly both in the bar and dining room . Room was a triple room, it was large clean and comfortable We were members of a choral group , in all there were 35 in the group and each one had a good experience . We would certainly stay there again .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My wife and children were there for two nights, I found most the staff good with the children apart from a young Bar man in his 30's he seemed to be in charge there, he was rude to my 10 and 7 year old sons, my two kids were sitting on the floor playing and the man came over and told them to get up and go to there parents we were not happy about that as he was very sharp with the kids! Now on the other side of things there was a young lady called Roisin who served us our dinner one night we were there and also served us our breakfast both mornings she was very loving and caring towards our children, myself and my wife were over whelmed by the interest she showed in our children. Both mornings we were waiting for a table for breakfast but we seen her cleaning a table and waving over at the lady who was showing people to tables to let her know that she had cleaned a table for us we were very happy. As we were leaving Roisin came over and said good bye to the kids and wished us a safe way home. The kids club didnt really cater for there ages but they loved the swimming pool. As we checked out a lady called Lisa was very nice and asked us did we enjoy our stay and was everything ok before we had fully paid. We enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: family rooms are good and big
2  Thank trona d
mcwilliamparkhotel, General Manager at McWilliam Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that all amenities on offer met your expections, I have passed on your kind comments to Roisin and Lisa and they appreciate your comments.

In relation to the issue you outlined with our Barman I would like to sincerly apologise if he was in any way sharp with your children. I would like to assure you that my staff would never intend to be abrupt in any way, we at all times have the Health and Safety of our Guests and children at our best interests and I can assure you that he would have their safety and the safety of other guests as priority.

I do hope you return to us in the future and thank you for you custom in the past.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last weekend and found it a wonderful place to stay from the reception staff to the bar/cleaners/catering staff they were all so professional in everything they did,the hotel is only 15 minutes from Knock airport the gateway to the west,also the famous Knock Holy shrine is 10 minutes away. this hotel has such a lovely feel about it the atmosphere in the hotel is just what you need after a long journey a great buzz,the staff are so welcoming and friendly, the rooms are modern and fresh and very well kept,I would recommend this hotel to anyone as it had everything a lovely swimming pool/steam room/Jacuzzi/sauna all very well run by the Leisure centre staff the best food and most of all the staff are brilliant honestly a great place to stay
Sean in Kildare

Room Tip: all rooms are spotless and cleaned every day
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
mcwilliamparkhotel, Manager at McWilliam Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Sean,

Thank you most sincerely for your excellent review, it is delightful to hear of your wonderful experience. We appreciate you taking the time to give our hotel such a detailed positive review and behalf of the Management and Staff we look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have just returned from a two night break at McWilliam Park Hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed everything about our experience. The hotel was clean, welcoming and well maintained. We had a good sized room at the front of the hotel for myself, husband and two children. All the staff including reception, bar, restaurant and leisure centre were friendly, helpful and good at what they did. We ate dinner in the restaurant on the first night, which was very good and lunch in the bar the following day, also very good. The breakfast was of a good standard, freshly cooked and plenty of choice. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would not hesitate in returning.

Dear Guest,

Thank you most sincerely for your excellent review, we are delighted to hear that everything met your expections and furthermore we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Positives are nice pool and quite gym while we were there. Location is good, you can walk to main street in 10 mins and there is lots of parking. We ate in hotel on 1 evening and it was pretty good value - food and service was good. Room size was very good and everything in room and bathroom was working fine. That's the good news.....

We arrived around lunchtime and were accommodated with an early check in which was appreciated. While unpacking we noticed that there was loud noise coming from fans outside. My wife asked about this at reception and was told that these would go off @ 9:30 when the kitchen closed. That was fine as we were heading out and later would be watching TV anyway. Around 10:45pm I went to Reception and said they noise was still there, I was told they would be going off soon - they went off around 11:30 which was still ok.

The next night the extractor fans went on ALL NIGHT!!!. With the windows closed it's a pretty significant droning noise, with the window open it's akin to being on a runway!!! While I was in room 226 it obviously would have impacted a lot of rooms to the rear of the hotel.

While dining at the hotel on night #1 I ordered a pint of Heiniken - it was tepid so I decided to try a Guinness later, same thing (apparently the coolers were not working!). I was obviously not the only person impacted by this as myself and other customers watched the barman waste more than half of what was coming out of the pump in order to fill 1 pint of Guinness - then he brings the pint over and says "bring it back if it's not ok" - for anyone who knows anything about Guinness that is a really scarey thing to hear :-(

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room at the back - if you do, before you unpack check for noise from t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brianmcd

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive feedback in relation to the amenities, food and service of the hotel.

I am very disheartened to hear of the unfortunate situations you encountered in relation to the noise of our Fans and the Coolers in our Bar.

Unfortunately our Coldroom Refridgeration System broke down late that evening and we had our Refridgeration Company whom are on 24 hour call work through the night to rectify this and thankfully they was back up and running within a few hours.

The Fans are switched off at 9.30pm and not switched back on until the following morning, I would sincerly like to apologise that you had to endure the noise from them during the night, this is unacceptable and I would be grateful if you could contact me to discuss this further.

Finally I would like to thank you for choosing to stay in the McWilliam Park Hotel and I look forward to hearing from you in relation to the issues you outlined and give me the opportunity to rectify these issues.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed here for the half term with the family
Lovely clean hotel throughout, Great location just off the bypass (N17)
We arrived in the evening and the bar was busy so we had bar food, it was very average at best 4.5/10,
I would say that breakfast fared slightly better.6/10
Which was a pity because the staff and hotel are really nice,
we went to the pool both days and the pool and sauna and steam rooms are gleaming ( the sauna is nice and bright - but the changing rooms are very very small, especially if you have a couple of kids with you.
I would suggest if you are staying have food somewhere else - we tried the old arch in claremorris which was lovely.
i don't think it would put us off staying there again though !!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, firstly I appreciate your great comments on the comfort, cleanliness and the level of service received from our staff. It is extremely disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your dining experience when all other aspects were up to our 4 Star Sandards.

I would be grateful if you could contact me so I could rectify this unfortunate situation. I look forward to hearing for you hopefully in the very near future.

alan@mcwilliamparkhotel.ie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremorris
Dalton Inn Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kiltimagh
Knock House Hotel
Knock House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Knock

Been to McWilliam Park Hotel? Share your experiences!