“Dancing weekend”

McWilliam Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Claremorris
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I am just back from a dancing weekend in the McWilliam Park Hotel, Claremorris. This was my first visit to the McWilliam. This venue is fabulous. The accommodation, staff and food were excellent. We had an all inclusive weekend package which was great value. Our weekend included nightly dancing to Johnny Brady, Shaun Loughrey and Robert Mizzell. An added bonus was social dancing on Sunday night to Liam Mannering, this was a excellent night's dancing which seems is very popular with locals. A great weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We have stayed in this hidden gem of a hotel on numerous times and keep coming back again and again. This is testiment to the staff and owner of this fabolous hotel. Staff are so friendly from check in, bar, cleaners, restaurant, porters and leisure centre. Cant do enough for guests who have the pleasure of staying there.
From the moment you set foot inside the door to the moment you leave you are made most welcome by all. Relaxation just takes over.
Food is scrumptous from the Bar Food to the Restaurant. Entertainment is second to none from the bar to the Ballroom.
Cant wait to go back for more Mayo hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night, however during this time I used their conference centre to provide briefing to 600 guests and used their bar and restaurant facility. The bedroom was clean, spacious and met all my requirements in addition to a DVD player which would be a welcome addition to some. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The meal I had at the bar was good and the breakfast was excellent with a great choice including gluten free for my colleague. The conference facility was excellent with all equipment, projectors, monitors and microphones working perfectly. The location was quiet and I would recommend this hotel. I didn't get to visit the amenities but facilities appeared excellent i.e. pool.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of the staff at the McWilliam Park Hotel for making our wedding day as perfect as it could be. We are still receiving glowing comments from our guests, all of whom thoroughly enjoyed themselves, the function room was absolutely beautiful and the food was exceptional. Each member of staff we encountered could not have been more helpful.You went far above and beyond the call of duty. Your help and support throughout the planning process was greatly appreciated and we would have no hesitation in recommending the McWilliam Park to friends and family, we look forward to returning to the hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in the McWilliam Park Hotel for a long weekend in Claremorris and to see Robert Mizzell on the Saturday night. The room and bathroom were both spacious and clean. We had a great nights sleep and could hear no noise at all from the dance downstairs on the Saturday night or from the football gala that was taking place on the Friday night.
The hotel staff couldn't be more helpful and polite. The breakfast each morning which was included in our price was the best breakfast I have had at any hotel I've every stayed at - such a massive range of nuts, dried fruits, yoghurts, fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, juices and of course hot food which was ordered as you sat at your table.
My boyfriend enjoyed the swimming pool both mornings of our stay and I strongly recommend going for a massage in the Chique beauty studio in the hotel, the two girls working there the day I went were just lovely and very professional.
We were only a short 5 min drive away from Knock and even less from Claremorris town itself.
Over all we had a great weekend at the McWilliam Park Hotel and myself and my boyfriend will definitely be staying again in the near future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

we have just returned from a stay at this hotel and have to say my wife and i enjoyed our time there the staff are top class. rooms warm and comfortable. food very good and service top class . we will be back again and will recommend it to all our friends.

Room Tip: our room was at the back and was great no sounds came in from outside.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Christina and myself could not speak highly enough of the hotel and all it's staff. We had a fantastic wedding day and the function room looked wonderful, the hotel looked immaculate, the staff were extremely helpful and courteous and the food was second to none. The reception staff, Lesley booking staff and Alan and Richie, manager and assistant manager were extremely helpful. We would highly recommend the hotel for anyone thinking of getting married in mayo. Thanks again. to everyone for helping to make the day do special.

• Stayed: March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremorris
The Western Hotel
Knock House Hotel
Knock House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Knock
Westport Country Lodge Hotel

Been to McWilliam Park Hotel? Share your experiences!