“The Best of the Best!”
Review of Cambra Sands

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malagash
Cambra Sands
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I love Cambra in the Summer time, I love it in the Fall, I love it in the Spring and now I know I love it the most in the Winter! Fewer people, amazing outdoor hot tub, great view of the ice and seals and even saw a coyote out on the ice. Quiet, majestic and sooooo relaxing. Neat, clean and the cottage has everything you might need. so....please keep this N.S's secret!

In January I flew to Cuba for a week of computer writing in the sun/ beach and yet just a weekend away to Cambra in the winter provided me with equally amount of relaxed computer time and the outdoor hot tub was the treat! I so loved my quality time there.

Room Tip: Even with just 2 women, having your own room, just gives you that little extra bit of privacy and ch...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed that this property for a little winter getaway with friends. We stayed in the Leander cottage and four adults and three dogs lived in that cottage for a weekend, quite comfortably. The cottage was very well stocked with kitchen necessities, dish detergent, waste bin bags, paper products and fluffy towels. The dishwasher was a huge bonus!

Cambra Sands is a great place, located just moments from Jost Winary but hours away from worries, noise, and concern. During our stay we met two other couples who were staying at Cambra Sands for their 16th time! This is a great property to get away to. Next time we go back I think we will stay for at least a week, as a weekend was just not enough time to enjoy the peace and serenity that comes with a vacation at Cambra Sands.

All of the wonderful things that people have to say about this property are true, and I can’t wait to go back. It’s that simple!

Things to keep in mind if you are staying in the Leander cottage:

Storage is minimal, so don’t over pack. This includes closet storage in the bedrooms. There are laundry facilities less than a minute walk away from the Leander cottage, so there is no need to pack your whole wardrobe.

The kitchen is very well equipped for the most basic of meal preparation, so you don’t need to bring a lot with you. There is a grill right outside the front door, so cooking is a breeze at this little cottage.

The refrigerator is just about standard size, however; there is no storage space on the refrigerator door for condiments, pop cans, etc. The plastic pieces that snap on to the refrigerator door to make door storage possible have been removed.

The stove is apartment-sized, so it’s small but very functional. A 9x13 pan will fit in the oven but a standard cookie sheet will not. If you are planning to do any cooking, keep that in mind.

If you are staying at the cottage(s) during the cooler months, please note that the thermostats are locked and cannot be accessed by guests. You will have to call someone on the staff to lower/raise the temperature to a comfortable level. We thought this was slightly odd as we have never stayed at a property where you were not permitted to adjust the thermostat. Our cottage was at 25C when we arrived, so we had to open some windows to bring down the temp. The bedrooms are also very warm, so flannel pajamas are not needed.

Speaking of bedrooms, while the beds, linens and pillows are adequate, for those who like soft, round, fluffy pillows, it would be wise to bring your own. We always bring our own pillows and we were glad we did.

I don’t like writing less than positive comments in my reviews, but I have to be fair to the travelers who read them. With that, I was a little disappointed with the level of cleanliness as well as the lack of overall maintenance. With all of the great things that I heard about this property I wasn’t expecting the cottage to be in the condition that it was in—which brings this property below a luxury rating for me.

I understand this property is very busy and it’s always booked up, which is great! However, some extra attention to basic cleaning and upkeep are needed.

The Leander is a beautiful cottage and I would stay there again, however; the walls, ceilings, moldings and internal doors are in need of cleaning, touch ups, and repainting in some cases. The kitchen cabinets are beginning to show their wear, and had food stain residues in need of cleaning. We were able to wash off the food smudges, but cleaning up after other guests isn’t the best way to start a vacation.

The closet door in the second bedroom—the room with two beds—doesn’t work well, and I was concerned that every time I opened it, it was going to come off the track. The window in the second bedroom also needs to be serviced. It is difficult to open and closing it makes such a horrible, loud noise I woke up the whole house when I closed it. The bedspreads—while clean—were stained as were some of the towels.

None of the above are deal breakers as it pertains to a return trip, but based on the reviews I expected a bit more from the overall condition of the cottage.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jjlalumi
Reviewed 6 February 2013

first time stayig at Cambra. we stayed in Caladonia Cottage. Beautiful cottage with everything we needed. Very clean. The staff were friendly and when we asked for extra towels they were there within 5 minutes. Definately going to stay here again. Great experience all over.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2012

This is our second stay at Cambra Sands and we enjoyed it very well. The location is great on the ocean and very close to Ski Wentworth which makes it a great winter escape. The cottages are very nice and spacious. All the facilities are great including the ocean front hot tub.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This was the most relaxing and peaceful week! I really enjoyed walking on the beach along with the beautiful view, a great place to unwind and give your mind and body a break from the stresses of your life!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Relaxing environment with a great view! Great place any time of year although summer is beautiful. Just made my second visit and it's better every time. Being just down the street from the Jost winery was a huge plus! Great tours and great wine

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Bob and I went in November and we had three wonderful days.. we were really looking forward to
a few days off...and we were not disappointed.
Our walks along the beach were great..we saw a seal swimming in the
water and I got a nice picture of it.
It was a quiet and wonderful place to go and relax and we did just that.
I recommend this place to any thats needs a winter get a way.
The cottage was lovely and as well...and we had a wonderful view.
Thanks so much..we will be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to Cambra Sands? Share your experiences!