My boyfriend and I stayed at the Westwind Inn for two days and two nights. We absolutely fell in love with it! Upon arrival, we could automatically feel the relaxation start to sink in as we approached the wooden lodge with the lake view in the distance. The rooms were cute and cozy with a cottage atmosphere. The air conditioning in our room was not working so the staff automatically upgraded our room to one with a jacuzzi and a working air conditioner. The balcony overlooking the lake was a perfect place to have tea in the morning and listen to the water lapping on the rocks before starting our day.
The amenities on site were wonderful. We had free use of the boats and canoes at any time. The pool was clean and perfect for a refreshing dip after a hike. The hiking trail was gorgeous and led us to an unexpected marsh where we were surrounded with nothing but nature. The grounds had a small driving range, mini putt, campfire pits, badminton nets and hammocks. We were so active during our stay (most of the time right on-site) that we didn't even have time to find and spend the day lying on the beach!
We didn't have dinner at the Inn, however the breakfasts were delicious. A perfect country breakfast with cute wooden tables overlooking the vast lake was exactly what we needed after a good nights rest.
In conclusion, we would most definitely return to the Westwind Inn. Even for a young 20-something couple, we enjoyed ourselves immensely. The location is indescribable, the staff friendly and accommodating, the food delectable and the amenities always entertaining.
This trip was perfect in every which way and we will definitely recommend the Westwind!
So sad to leave! Such a romantic destination."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westwind is a cozy cedar lodge nestled under tall pines on pink granite rock at the waters edge in a spectacular wilderness setting. About 90 minutes from Toronto & easily accessible. Casual, unpretentious, comfortable. Family owned & operated year round providing nature, tranquility & relaxation. The main lodge offers 31 cozy log cabin style bedsitting rooms with sofa, fireplace, balcony, antiques & original art - 6 with heart shaped jet tubs for two. Common living room. Our chalet has 4 larger suites with many extra touches such as pine floors and cedar ceilings 4 poster bed, overstuffed sofa, larger balcony with a view, large jet tub, fireplace, fridge. They are popular for honeymoons & special occasions or the executive here on a retreat or conference. We provide a welcoming atmosphere with complimentary activities for every season, friendly staff, outstanding surroundings & superb lakeside dining. Majority of our clientele are repeat or referral, we hope you will become one also! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Westwind Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westwind Inn On The Lake Hotel Buckhorn
- Westwind Hotel Buckhorn
- Westwind Resort Buckhorn
- Westwind Inn Buckhorn, Ontario, Canada