I will start by saying that I have never taken the time to write a review, good or bad but we had such a wonderful time this past weekend I really thought this was worth writing.
Inga and her staff/ family were amazing! I have been planning this conference with Westwind since January. Inga went out of her way to help think of different things we could do and directed me to all of the local hidden gems such as the Kawartha winery (another phenomenal place you MUST visit if in Buckhorn).
There were approximately 40 of us at the resort (some of us there for 4 nights and some for 2) Everyone had a great time! The rooms and views were awesome. I was lucky enough to be in the Chalet suite which was absolutely breathtaking. At various times we all went out with Jamie on a pontoon boat cruise, some guests went fishing, canoeing and swimming. We enjoyed the beach and playing horseshoes during the day and the camp fire each night.
It was a perfect sized resort for our conference. We each had our own space but everything was close enough that we did not need to walk forever if we had to run to the room, or hospitality suite and our meals and meetings were all on-site.
I loved everything about the place and the people but my favorite part was the food!! Chef Brian is BRILLIANT! The meals were absolutely scrumptious! I am not a dessert eater but could not pass up the coconut cream pie and cheesecake desserts (both the best I have ever tasted) and all the home made cookies and muffins throughout the day. There's nothing better than someone telling you to "be careful, the muffin's just came out of the oven"!
They took care of every detail right down to packing us "breakfast to go" grab bags on the day of departure. Thank-you so much for everything, we had a fantastic time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westwind is a cozy cedar lodge nestled under tall pines on pink granite rock at the waters edge in a spectacular wilderness setting. About 90 minutes from Toronto & easily accessible. Casual, unpretentious, comfortable. Family owned & operated year round providing nature, tranquility & relaxation. The main lodge offers 31 cozy log cabin style bedsitting rooms with sofa, fireplace, balcony, antiques & original art - 6 with heart shaped jet tubs for two. Common living room. Our chalet has 4 larger suites with many extra touches such as pine floors and cedar ceilings 4 poster bed, overstuffed sofa, larger balcony with a view, large jet tub, fireplace, fridge. They are popular for honeymoons & special occasions or the executive here on a retreat or conference. We provide a welcoming atmosphere with complimentary activities for every season, friendly staff, outstanding surroundings & superb lakeside dining. Majority of our clientele are repeat or referral, we hope you will become one also! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Westwind Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westwind Inn On The Lake Hotel Buckhorn
- Westwind Hotel Buckhorn
- Westwind Resort Buckhorn
- Westwind Inn Buckhorn, Ontario, Canada