“All things considered, highly adequate hotel”
Review of Victory Suites

Victory Suites
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Juiz de Fora
Brasilia, DF
“All things considered, highly adequate hotel”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

How does one judge a hotel where there is no excess, no luxury, nothing totally awesome, but where all worked as expected or better, in a basic manner? I can only give it 5 points on most items just because the hotel kept its essential "promise" - reasonable price for a hotel that had very roomy suites, where we could sleep quite comfortably, where the wi-fi worked and was not charged, where all the team members where helpful when required, even went out of their way when they helped find my 8-year old daughter, who got into an elevator before we could get in?

The location is just fine, though that is not necessarily easy to say about this city. Juiz de Fora is actually one of the toughest cities I've ever had to drive around, perhaps even worse, relatively speaking, than São Paulo, which is huge - JdF is not huge, has some tough hills and the access to the hotel's garage is terribly steep - made me sweat with my rental car which was not a very powerful one.

There is a challenge for the hotel - in front there is a fairly loud bar, though it actually ended up not bothering us as much as I had expected, since we happened to go out at an usually late night time for a graduation ball, the reason we were in town. All the rooms (except some suites at the end of the building) face the street with the bar.

Breakfast, which was included, was fine - actually, considering some other hotels priced similarly or higher I would almost say it's better. The young man who worked the breakfast service was really very friendly - I waited too long to write this review, so I unfortunately forgot his name - Everton, maybe.

I wish I could remember the name of a young lady who worked at Front Desk - all were very helpful, but she was especially nice to everyone and gave very useful information when she noticed a doubt.

I am Brazilian, so language was not an issue, but from what I noticed, everyone has a good command of English. THere are a lot of English as Second Language schools in town.

Since I may forget to mention good places to eat, but you definitely need to include Chimarrón churrascaria as one of the places to go eat. Not as expensive as in other cities, great variety for everyone to enjoy their meal - even their sushi was above average for a churrascaria.

Hope this will be useful to someone.

Boa viagem!

Room Tip: Get a suite at edge of building.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank DanielBrasilia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Travellers also viewed these Juiz de Fora hotels
Hotel Green Hill
#4 of 18 in Juiz de Fora
Hotel Constantino
#8 of 18 in Juiz de Fora

Been to Victory Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Victory Suites

Property: Victory Suites
Address: Rua Chanceler Oswaldo Aranha 20 | Sao Mateus, Juiz de Fora, State of Minas Gerais 36025-007, Brazil
Region: Brazil > State of Minas Gerais > Juiz de Fora
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
#2 Business Hotel in Juiz de Fora
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Victory Suites 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Booking.com so you can book your Victory Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Victory Suites Juiz De Fora, Brazil