See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Whenever I travel, have a preference for staying in a apartment or, like in this case, an apart-hotel. I like the extra space and the opportunity of, sometimes, take local food/drink to the room to enjoy it in a more relaxed environment.

This is not a luxury place - but it's clean, efficient, the staff is very helpful, and the cost x benefit is great. The location is excellent.

However, the parking access ramp is something like ... how can I describe it? CRAZY! I have a crew cab 4x2 pickup truck and I've never missed the 4x4 option before - until this time. The ramp is, probably, 45 degrees up, and there is a curve almost after the entrance - an adventure not welcome, be assured!

Adventures apart, i liked this place and I will be back for sure (maybe I should buy a 4x4 pickup truck before to have fun on the ramp ....)

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Filippe M, Gerente at Victory Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Mr. Marco,

We appreciate your comments. Your opinion is very important for us to improve our services.
We will give the attention about the parking.
Thanks a lot and we are available for receive you one more time.

Best regards!

Filippe Moreira
Gerente Operacional

Reviewed 10 March 2015

Positive things:
- very well located, just in front of "bar do bigode" which claims to have the best "torresmo" of Brazil, which is not but it's an issue for another review
- big rooms with, living room, small kitchen with fridge and microwave, and sleep room (my guess is about a total area of 60m²)
- rates are affordable.

Negative things:
- despite all big is the room, the bathroom is as little as a match box, believe me it's pretty small.
- you can figure out that it's clean... floor, bath room, bed sheets, all clean, but the wall looks like a war was get there... dirty with hand stamps all over the walls.
- the hotel lobby and entrance is more like a hostel entrance.
- the parking lot is an adventure... located at the same street of the hotel entrance you need to point the car into the parking lot entrance and ring the front desk to allow you to get in and open the door... and that's where the adventure starts... forget the roller coasters in Disney and Universal... this is far way better... with a 45 degrees ramp and high as over 20m you drive up blind due no vision what's going on in front of your car... the way to the 2nd level is a little better but with no vision at all as well... on the way down is even worst... try very hard your brakes before to get down... once starts there no way back... my advise... don't use it.
- the fridge is delivered empty and it's under your responsibility to bring water, soda and everything else you like to have.

Room tip: due to be into the downtown, a lot of noise came from the street... try to get the highest floor as possible.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a reasonable rate and I initially thought it would be an economic hotel rather than a comfortable one. But it was both! The room is big, clean and new and there is a nice pool at the top and sauna. The breakfast is diverse and tasty. Overall, I would definitely recommend it!

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2011

"Adequate" is a perfect word to describe this hotel. It's centrally located, and the suites are actually quite spacious until you look into the bathroom. Bathrooms are a joke, and you can barely close the door. They could have skimped a bit on the room itself (which is, let's be honest, a bit overkill. Does anybody really need this much space?!) and made the bathroom a bit roomier.

Internet is absolutely appalling! I can't even load my email during peak hours. Unacceptable from any hotel. Period.

My room has a nice balcony, though it doesn't look at much. No attached restaurant but many are close by and walkable.

Pool is on the roof, but as it's winter here now, I haven't been up there.

Staff so far has been very helpful and they speak english very well

Overall an "ok' hotel, but when the internet is in mind I simply cannot recommend this to anybody. Fix the internet and this might be a really nice place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
6  Thank NoCoastPunk
Reviewed 22 April 2011

How does one judge a hotel where there is no excess, no luxury, nothing totally awesome, but where all worked as expected or better, in a basic manner? I can only give it 5 points on most items just because the hotel kept its essential "promise" - reasonable price for a hotel that had very roomy suites, where we could sleep quite comfortably, where the wi-fi worked and was not charged, where all the team members where helpful when required, even went out of their way when they helped find my 8-year old daughter, who got into an elevator before we could get in?

The location is just fine, though that is not necessarily easy to say about this city. Juiz de Fora is actually one of the toughest cities I've ever had to drive around, perhaps even worse, relatively speaking, than São Paulo, which is huge - JdF is not huge, has some tough hills and the access to the hotel's garage is terribly steep - made me sweat with my rental car which was not a very powerful one.

There is a challenge for the hotel - in front there is a fairly loud bar, though it actually ended up not bothering us as much as I had expected, since we happened to go out at an usually late night time for a graduation ball, the reason we were in town. All the rooms (except some suites at the end of the building) face the street with the bar.

Breakfast, which was included, was fine - actually, considering some other hotels priced similarly or higher I would almost say it's better. The young man who worked the breakfast service was really very friendly - I waited too long to write this review, so I unfortunately forgot his name - Everton, maybe.

I wish I could remember the name of a young lady who worked at Front Desk - all were very helpful, but she was especially nice to everyone and gave very useful information when she noticed a doubt.

I am Brazilian, so language was not an issue, but from what I noticed, everyone has a good command of English. THere are a lot of English as Second Language schools in town.

Since I may forget to mention good places to eat, but you definitely need to include Chimarrón churrascaria as one of the places to go eat. Not as expensive as in other cities, great variety for everyone to enjoy their meal - even their sushi was above average for a churrascaria.

Hope this will be useful to someone.

Boa viagem!

Room tip: Get a suite at edge of building.
Date of stay: February 2011