We stayed at Clyde Hall as part of a large wedding party group. Our group booked (and filled) every room in the B&B. The location is absolutely stunning. The hall is beautiful, the rooms are very well appointed and the attention to detail in the rebuild/restoration of this house is extremely impressive.
The hosts/owners clearly love Clyde Hall, and this really does show through.
The breakfast on the first day we were there was just beautiful - the food was masterfully prepared and delicious and served in an exquisite setting. Breakfast on the second morning was more casual, a continental breakfast served buffet-style.
With all of the positives, however, would not stay here again.
1. The walls (on the upper floor at least) are absolutely paper-thin. And if you are staying on the upper floor, there are three bedrooms that share one single bathroom (i.e., if someone is showering, no one can pee or brush their teeth). We were all one big group, so it wasn't a big deal to keep the door open. But I would not feel comfortable otherwise sharing a bathroom with up to six people. The suites would be okay, but I have to say I found it a bit expensive to pay $110/night and have zero privacy (in terms of sound proofing) for the non-suite rooms.
2. This is the thing that made me SO irate. We were staying at Clyde Hall for my brother's wedding. The wedding party had booked EVERY room in the B&B for two nights. And yet, when the photographer arrived to take getting ready photos (of the wedding party, who were all staying at the B&B), we were informed that there was a $100 fee to take photos.
I found this shocking and appalling. It's not as though a large crowd of extra people came to the B&B for phtos; aside from the bride's mother and father, everyone in the photos was staying at Clyde Hall. There was no extra effort or outlay on the part of the owners to accommodate the photos. I just found it such bad business practice to charge to take photos, and THEN, the next morning as we were checking out, the owner had the nerve to ask the bride if the bride would send some digital photos to the B&B. Not freaking likely. Or maybe, for $100.
In the grand scheme of a wedding, it's not a crazy amount of money, but to pull that on the day of a wedding, when we had already rented out the entire property for 2 nights....it just struck me as tacky and disappointing.
Anyway, for that reason alone, no one who stayed there that weekend will ever go back. It IS a beautiful location, but that small action left such a bad taste in everyone's mouth that it really cast a pall over our entire stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic B&B c. 1840. Elegant, historic and quiet. Situated on the 3rd hole of Timber Run Golf Club and along the Clyde River. 10 min drive to Perth and 55 min west of Ottawa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Clyde Hall Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.