“Veramente buono...”

Price range: US$0 - US$35
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I was there with my husband and some friends.
The food was very good, everything was perfect. The service also and we enjoyed our diner.

1  Thank Raffaella M

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Tucked away this is easy to miss but definately worth finding. As you might expect the food is Tuscan but is very well prepared and all ingredients are fresh and tasty. Good selection of local and italian wines and even a small selection of 'Foreign' bottles.
Entertainment is unknowingly provided by the Faulty-esque owner.

1  Thank Alesdair01
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We had lunch in L'Antica Cantina with my husband and 10yr old twins after visiting Parco Zoo Poppi in the scorching heat (38 celsius in the SHADE).. As we came in exhausted and bright red in the faces, the owner rushed to turn on a fan and directed the cooling air towards our table. All through our visit the service was very attentive and friendly, although they barely spoke English. To us it wasn't a problem, since I can make myself understood with a few words of Italian. When the owner saw us explaining the menu to our kids, he came to tell us that they can also prepare any kind of pasta with simple sauces for the kids, if they can't find anything suitable straight from the menu. I had a pasta dish with tagliatelle pasta w sliced vegetables in wine sauce, which was very good. My son chose to have a simple penne pasta w tomato sauce, which was delicious even though so simple. The panna cottas were beautiful and delicious.

1  Thank orchideespontanee
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife, son and I had an excellent meal here during a recent stay nearby. The food was superb, with a good wine list and very attentive service.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

On a solo day trip to Poppi, I was pleased to find Ristorante L'Antica Cantina tucked down a side street in the center of this scenic town. Excellent meal with very welcoming staff.