Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
620Foodie
Maine

Cooking and relaxation at its best

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Sept 2015
The amenities at Casa Ombuto are top notch. Tiled bathrooms with Grohe fixtures, high quality sheets and towels. Beautifully appointed villas. The grounds are immaculate with flowered,herbs and vegetable gardens. The Spa has a steam room for six, sauna and wood heated hot tub. The pool overlooks the Tuscan hills in complete silence...a true oasis. A non-cooking friend or significant other would have a very relaxing time.
Now the cooking, food and wine! Chief Paola teaches you so much more than what's on the recipe card. It's the way Tuscans cook, the ingredients, and the attention to the details. The food is top quality, meats from Paola's butcher and all vegetable are from the gardens or locally grown. It was a wonderful feast every night. Wines are all from the area and paired with dinner each night.
I traveled alone and I arranged through Casa Ombuto to be picked up by a driver at the Florence airport. I was happy to spend my free day at the villa. But it is an easy train ride from Poppi to Arezzo.
The staff are amazing. Everyone there has a goal of ensuring you have a fantastic time.
Trip type: Travelled solo
2.5 miles from Casa Ombuto - Cooking Schools in Tuscany
  • StayForLong
2.4 miles from Casa Ombuto - Cooking Schools in Tuscany
View more hotels in Poppi
All reviews chef paola new friends the kitchen the entire staff hot tub bucket list cooking vacation at home cooking course olive oil great teacher dream come true pasta whole experience wonderful week cooking skills italian food
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2015

This was the most unforgettable experience! As a solo traveller and professional chef I had the chance to cook in a relaxed and beautiful location, meeting new people and it was the best way to explore the people, culture and food of Tuscany. The program is set in a way of being the perfect balance of learning and relaxing. The property is is every nature lovers dream and the villa is inviting, homely and has everything you could need. The staff made you feel at home. It was such a privilege to learn from such an accomplished Chef as Chef Laura who was always patient, accommodating and passionate about her craft. Our beautiful Hostess Sheena went out of her way to make me feel at home and the day trip excursion she took us on was a fantastic culinary adventure. I am feeling refreshed and inspired!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

Had a wonderful week at CAsa Ombuto. Staff fantastic. Kudos to Sheena for being a great host. Special thanks to Monica, Donnatella, and Marta for their hard work. Chef Laura is great. Food fantastic! Will return to the other property for a different course. Hard to find, but so worth the effort! Only downside was the lack of hot water in the shower.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColoradoCharyl
The M, Manager at Casa Ombuto - Cooking Schools in Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2015

Dear Charyl,
We are so pleased to read that you had such a good time but so sorry that the hot water system had a hiccup just when you were there. We had it fixed as soon as we knew about it but apologise for your cold shower and hope you will only have warm, lovely memories.
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review.
Warmest regards
The Tuscookany Team

Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

This Tuscan cooking class vacation was an experience of a lifetime!!! Chef Paola was amazing!! She not only taught us so many authentic Italian cooking techniques and personal recipes, but shared the history and the memories that each meal represented in her life. She is a very inspiring woman filled with a passion for cooking and a passion for life!! Sheenah the hostess/manager truly made the whole experience fantastic! She is a very special woman and made us feel right at home in this beautiful villa. This is honestly the most breathtaking place I have ever been to and it was a life changing experience for me! I will remember it always!!
- Jennifer

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2015

When I was looking for a holiday destination I thought 'I like Cooking' and 'I like travelling' so when I saw Tuscookany's range of courses I thought 'this should be fun'. But I was wrong it wasn't just fun, it was in fact the best holiday I have ever had!
I travelled from the other side of the world to do the week long Mediterranean course, but as soon as I arrived at Casa Ombuto I knew I was in a place that I would not want to leave. Sheenah and the staff made us feel welcome and were always there to help ant way they could, even finding someone in town to give me a haircut!
Then came the hard work slaving in the kitchen! Just kidding, my vocabulary isn't extensive enough to explain how much I enjoyed my time learning from our wonderful chef Laura, but I couldn't imagine a more passionate and patient teacher.
Apart from myself there were 10 other wonderful travellers from all over the world on the course. Over the week I had the opportunity of working with each of them and in the evening getting to know them and I would now consider each of them a friend.
The greatest praise I can give the course is that I am already planning my next trip there!

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Phillip T
Reviewed 20 August 2015

My expectations were very high for Casa Ombuto and they were definitively exceeded. Our family's week there was so much fun and will be one of the most memorable family vacations we have ever taken. As everyone notes, Paola is a magician in the kitchen and her personality is exactly what you're looking for in an Italian cooking instructor. Her passion for her work is beyond evident. The villa itself is great, tucked away into the countryside near Poppi with all of the amenities you'd want (a great pool, small spa, amazing views, etc.). In terms of service, there is a true "this is your home for the week" policy, where Sheena & staff really do a great job at making you feel comfortable.

If you and your family loves cooking, eating delicious food & wine, meeting great people, and enjoying beautiful views (i.e., you are humans), then don't hesitate to make a trip here!!

One minor caution - internet in the countryside can be pretty unreliable, so don't expect to be doing a ton of downloading files or streaming video. But use it as an opportunity to really disconnect! Second minor caution (Americans only, really) - no AC in the villas, just fans. Can be somewhat hot if you're going in the summer.

• Trip type: Travelled with family