Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
debjj55
Kemptville, Canada

Overwhelmingly positive and emotional experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Sept 2015
Arriving at Casa Ombuto, Tuscookany the unbelievably gorgeous villa overlooking the hills near Poppi, ‘Under the Tuscan Sun’ would be a very accurate description and first impression on me. I was greeted by Sheenah, our gorgeous hostess, with a glass of wine and immediately knew I was in the right place. Our stunning chef Paola guided and taught us how to cook up veritable Italian feasts of 4 courses four out of six afternoons. We wined and dined like royalty and staff could not have been more amazing. A day trip to a Cheese shop, a Winery with great history and my personal favorite of a visit to an Olive Farm and enjoying the company of a authentic Italian family in their home for lunch. My life has changed after this entire experience. It was like no other holiday I've taken and I will be returning again without question. I’ve made friends for life. Grazie, Ciao
Trip type: Travelled solo
2.4 miles from Casa Ombuto - Cooking Schools in Tuscany
appartamento Il Ciliegio
4.1 miles from Casa Ombuto - Cooking Schools in Tuscany
View more hotels in Poppi
All reviews chef paola new friends the kitchen the entire staff hot tub bucket list cooking vacation at home cooking course olive oil great teacher dream come true pasta whole experience wonderful week cooking skills italian food
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2015

The Casa Ombuto has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth! I knew from the pictures that the villa was exceptional but the actual experience exceeded all my expectations. My room and private bath were gorgeous. The grounds and the view of the Tuscany hills were breathtaking.
I learned so much from Chef Paola. She shared her expertise and love of cooking with patience and joy. Learning from her about Tuscany-style cooking, through her family recipes, made it all so much more meaningful. Her staff were all very helpful and kind.
The hostess Sheenah was fantastic. She ensured that our stay at the villa was more than we could ever imagine. Loved the day she provided a tour of the town of Arezzo, and to various shops, a wine-tasting and an olive farm where we ate an amazing lunch.
Casa Ombuto in Tuscany is truly a magical place where you meet people, staff and other guests, who become your friends!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2015

The amenities at Casa Ombuto are top notch. Tiled bathrooms with Grohe fixtures, high quality sheets and towels. Beautifully appointed villas. The grounds are immaculate with flowered,herbs and vegetable gardens. The Spa has a steam room for six, sauna and wood heated hot tub. The pool overlooks the Tuscan hills in complete silence...a true oasis. A non-cooking friend or significant other would have a very relaxing time.
Now the cooking, food and wine! Chief Paola teaches you so much more than what's on the recipe card. It's the way Tuscans cook, the ingredients, and the attention to the details. The food is top quality, meats from Paola's butcher and all vegetable are from the gardens or locally grown. It was a wonderful feast every night. Wines are all from the area and paired with dinner each night.
I traveled alone and I arranged through Casa Ombuto to be picked up by a driver at the Florence airport. I was happy to spend my free day at the villa. But it is an easy train ride from Poppi to Arezzo.
The staff are amazing. Everyone there has a goal of ensuring you have a fantastic time.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2015

This was the most unforgettable experience! As a solo traveller and professional chef I had the chance to cook in a relaxed and beautiful location, meeting new people and it was the best way to explore the people, culture and food of Tuscany. The program is set in a way of being the perfect balance of learning and relaxing. The property is is every nature lovers dream and the villa is inviting, homely and has everything you could need. The staff made you feel at home. It was such a privilege to learn from such an accomplished Chef as Chef Laura who was always patient, accommodating and passionate about her craft. Our beautiful Hostess Sheena went out of her way to make me feel at home and the day trip excursion she took us on was a fantastic culinary adventure. I am feeling refreshed and inspired!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

Had a wonderful week at CAsa Ombuto. Staff fantastic. Kudos to Sheena for being a great host. Special thanks to Monica, Donnatella, and Marta for their hard work. Chef Laura is great. Food fantastic! Will return to the other property for a different course. Hard to find, but so worth the effort! Only downside was the lack of hot water in the shower.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColoradoCharyl
The M, Manager at Casa Ombuto - Cooking Schools in Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2015

Dear Charyl,
We are so pleased to read that you had such a good time but so sorry that the hot water system had a hiccup just when you were there. We had it fixed as soon as we knew about it but apologise for your cold shower and hope you will only have warm, lovely memories.
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review.
Warmest regards
The Tuscookany Team

Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

This Tuscan cooking class vacation was an experience of a lifetime!!! Chef Paola was amazing!! She not only taught us so many authentic Italian cooking techniques and personal recipes, but shared the history and the memories that each meal represented in her life. She is a very inspiring woman filled with a passion for cooking and a passion for life!! Sheenah the hostess/manager truly made the whole experience fantastic! She is a very special woman and made us feel right at home in this beautiful villa. This is honestly the most breathtaking place I have ever been to and it was a life changing experience for me! I will remember it always!!
- Jennifer