Lock in the lowest price from these sites
All reviews chef paola new friends the kitchen the entire staff hot tub bucket list cooking vacation at home cooking course olive oil great teacher dream come true pasta whole experience wonderful week cooking skills italian food
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2015

The week spent learning, laughing and cooking was one of the greatest experience ever.
Chef Laura was fabulous. Her knowledge and her ability to share and teach , not only cooking but pairing wines with each meal was invaluable.
This is a MUST vacation. Tuscany is beautiful and the people who are apart of the Tuscookany cooking school are real masters.

Room tip: The rooms are Ina beautiful villa with wonderful,views. Updated amenities without loosing the interfaith of the architecture.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2015

My two sisters and I spent what I can only call a magical week cooking (and focusing on) Mediterranean food with Chef Laura Guisti. Laura is a master teacher, turning a group of strangers from 3 different countries (some who loved to cook and one who had not cooked in more than 3 decades) into a collaborative, highly functioning team who became friends and partners in this cooking adventure. The villa is beautiful. The staff was extraordinary. Our excursion to Arezzo, to a wonderful winery (the home had been built 500 hours ago) and a fabulous olive oil producer, begun in 1421 where we had a grand lunch under the trees in a beautiful Tuscan setting) was special as well. We spent many hours most days cooking and then eating our creations. Laura is also a sommelier, and so each lunch and dinner we benefitted from her choices. Not only do I recommend Tuscookany and especially Laura, I hope to go back for another such wondrous experience.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank susanpL4347RH
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Arriving at Casa Ombuto, Tuscookany the unbelievably gorgeous villa overlooking the hills near Poppi, ‘Under the Tuscan Sun’ would be a very accurate description and first impression on me. I was greeted by Sheenah, our gorgeous hostess, with a glass of wine and immediately knew I was in the right place. Our stunning chef Paola guided and taught us how to cook up veritable Italian feasts of 4 courses four out of six afternoons. We wined and dined like royalty and staff could not have been more amazing. A day trip to a Cheese shop, a Winery with great history and my personal favorite of a visit to an Olive Farm and enjoying the company of a authentic Italian family in their home for lunch. My life has changed after this entire experience. It was like no other holiday I've taken and I will be returning again without question. I’ve made friends for life. Grazie, Ciao

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2015

The Casa Ombuto has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth! I knew from the pictures that the villa was exceptional but the actual experience exceeded all my expectations. My room and private bath were gorgeous. The grounds and the view of the Tuscany hills were breathtaking.
I learned so much from Chef Paola. She shared her expertise and love of cooking with patience and joy. Learning from her about Tuscany-style cooking, through her family recipes, made it all so much more meaningful. Her staff were all very helpful and kind.
The hostess Sheenah was fantastic. She ensured that our stay at the villa was more than we could ever imagine. Loved the day she provided a tour of the town of Arezzo, and to various shops, a wine-tasting and an olive farm where we ate an amazing lunch.
Casa Ombuto in Tuscany is truly a magical place where you meet people, staff and other guests, who become your friends!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2015

The amenities at Casa Ombuto are top notch. Tiled bathrooms with Grohe fixtures, high quality sheets and towels. Beautifully appointed villas. The grounds are immaculate with flowered,herbs and vegetable gardens. The Spa has a steam room for six, sauna and wood heated hot tub. The pool overlooks the Tuscan hills in complete silence...a true oasis. A non-cooking friend or significant other would have a very relaxing time.
Now the cooking, food and wine! Chief Paola teaches you so much more than what's on the recipe card. It's the way Tuscans cook, the ingredients, and the attention to the details. The food is top quality, meats from Paola's butcher and all vegetable are from the gardens or locally grown. It was a wonderful feast every night. Wines are all from the area and paired with dinner each night.
I traveled alone and I arranged through Casa Ombuto to be picked up by a driver at the Florence airport. I was happy to spend my free day at the villa. But it is an easy train ride from Poppi to Arezzo.
The staff are amazing. Everyone there has a goal of ensuring you have a fantastic time.

• Trip type: Travelled solo