“I survived the stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Kwara Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ilorin
Kwara Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ilorin
Australia
“I survived the stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I have given this hotel a terrible rating simply because it was just that. The standard room we stayed in was old and worn out, the bed was horrible, bathroom just as bad. My bedside table was broken, the aircon noisy, the TV...I could go on and on....the hotel does not accept credit cards or debit card payments, cash only.

Coming on a flight to Ilorin the plane magazine said such wonderful things about this place and I have to disgaree with each one of them.

However...at the end of the day, there is really no where else to stay, I avoided the room like the plague and spent most time at the bar or restaurant. I survived.

The service was actually impressive.

Room Tip: My advice...don't worry about the room, just close your eyes and go to sleep.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank traveller_au97

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

I spent 1 night there. The beddings were so dirty that I had to put my towel over them to sleep. There were a lot of spiders and cockroaches in the room. The sad thing is that it's still the best hotel in Ilorin because I spent the next 5 nights in 5 different hotels and they were hotels from hell.

• Stayed November 2010
4 Thank MrWorldtravellerJ

Travellers are raving about these Ilorin hotels

ilorin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

The service has improve tremendously. It looks more cleaner and the new rooms look fantastic.The swimming pool is an Olympic standard and the Gym is okay. Ariya garden is my favorite spot in the Hotel because of Asun,ofada,Tuwo rice and other local varieties.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank waltopd
Lagos
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

I stayed at this hotel for one night on the 29th-30th of July and the night became a nightmare.

I had set my expectations very low so as not to be disappointed. Check in was ok. I purchased an internet wireless card for N1000. (We actually chose the hotel because of the internet access)When we got to the lift, we were told that the lift was bad (my room was on the 4th floor) so we had to use the staircase!

Diner was buffet, this was ok and I thought maybe things were not as bad as I expected

I got to my room around 8pm to start work on my laptop (I had loads of urgent mails and memos to attend to) at about 8.15, the electric power went off! Five minutes turned to ten and then to hours, power was still not restored! Local power (NEPA) was restored at about 1.00am, though I was very furious, I quickly grabbed my laptop to continue my work.

But alas, the power went off again by 2.15am. Till we left the hotel at 9.30am, power was still not restored. My work was largely undone because the wireless worked with electricity. The night was so horrible,the room was stuffy, dark and mosquitoes were everywhere!

The hotel dropped a lame mail at our doors apologizing for the power cut. What I cannot understand is why a hotel of this caliber would not have at least two stand- by power generators knowing that power supply from the state is virtually none existent in Nigeria.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank MissMot
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

It was my first time in Ilorin as I normally stay in Lagos with the family when travelling to Nigeria, however we went for a wedding in Ilorin, and decided to stay at The Kwara Hotel.
We really enjoyed our stay, I was a bit apprehensive initially, but on arriving, all my doubts and worries disappeared.
The hospitality, food, staff, security were excellent.
My kids loved the atmosphere and and so did my fussy wife.
We stayed 9 nights, and we don't regret it.
Would recommend it to friends any time.
We hope to go back.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank CitrixIsHere
Chelmsford, Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2008

Stayed at this hotel with my family for a few days whilst visiting Nigeria. Husband is from this state so came to have a look while visiting Lagos.
LOVELY Hotel, charming attentive staff, lovely food, clean, just perfect really.
I forgot that I was in a third world country, even the children, 13 and 17 liked it !!. Had been staying in Lagos, which was a completey different kettle of fish. Lagos life is not for the faint hearted, but Illorin is totally different. People are kind, polite and very welcoming. I look forward to going back to the Kwara Hotel and would recommend it to anyone, whatever their background.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2004, travelled with family
1 Thank Liverpoollass59
Hereford UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2007

This hotel is very clean and rooms are reasonably well appointed, and offer good value for money.
The hotel is a large multi story block with security at the gate and a very amiable manager.
The restaurant serves a range of dishes in a buffet style, and the fresh baked croissants in the morning were absolutely delicious.
Despite power outages in the surrounding streets, the power to the hotel was constant as they had back up power units.
The hotel has a well equiped gymnasium and is located in its own grounds with money changing facilities, barber, boutiques etc on site.
There is a cyber cafe on site and for users with their own laptops a wireless access to the internet from every room.
At the rear is a huge swimming pool that is well maintained as well as tennis courts and for those inclined to a nocturnal entertainment a bar and night club.
All in all I was very impressed.
A nice hotel that I would definitely stay in again.

• Liked — Attentive staff
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business