“Decent business hotel”
Review of Kwara Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ilorin
Kwara Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ilorin
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed two nights in a standard room in the older wing of the hotel. Everything in the room was old and tired but it was sufficient for what I expected in this part of Nigeria. The room was generally clean but the carpet, the sheets and towels were all in need of replacement. I was told there was wifi but I didn't pick it up from my room. The TV had about ten channels but the reception was not very good. The hotel lost power a few times during my stay but the generators were turned out within a few minutes. The water heater in my room worked well but some of my colleagues were not that lucky.

I didn't get a chance to go see the general vicinity but I passed by several restaurants and at least one grocery store right before entering the hotel. I was told that there is a suya/point and kill place in the grounds but I was not able to go because of the rain. The restaurant was decent and they had a mix of Nigerian and western style food. They had a Chinese station set-up for dinner where you can make your own plate and they will stir fry it for you.

If you are in this part of Nigeria for business, this would probably be your only option. Just lower your expectations and tough it out. It's not as bad as some the reviews put it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the new wing. Test your a/c and water heater immediately. Talk to the front des...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I know I only gave this place an average rating, but it may well be the best hotel in the area. The staff was fantastic, the food was really great, the room was nice. But... there were bugs in the room and the bathroom was pretty rough. The wifi was bad and I couldn't get outside calls to my room. I'll be back and I hope they can at least take care of the bug situation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AdinaLav
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The largest hotel in Ilorin with many facilities like swimming pool (large), tennis courts, basketball ground, cafeteria, garden restaurant etc.
Rooms are large and clean but the mattress is very hard and most rooms need refubishment.
restaurant area is large and usually on dinner time they have somebody to cook chinese food (maybe not the best you expect but still is decent).
Close to the airport, it takes 15'-20' drive max.

Room Tip: If you want to use the swimming pool then do it early in the morning and not in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Apapadim
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

It was a good experience and I was impressed with there customer service.but the ariya garden is not as standard as I thought so it will be good if they can work on it.then looking at the overall service system it was a good experience.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The hotel is at the heart of ilorin and a short drive to the airport. The place needs refurbishment as most of the facilities show aging due to use ie the television knobs are broken, the desk was tacky etc. The rooms are generously spacy, comfortable and clean.
The meal was very good and I had a pleasant sleep, it one of the best hotels in ilorin and as such your out of choices as regard hotels at ilorin.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Toyin C
Reviewed 29 May 2013

K H as its fondly call is located in the heart of town, painted white , the front view is very attracting as well as the coffee bar , there is a standard swimming pool, well I really enjoy the rosted fish (point and kill).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

We had some issues on check-in with some confusion having been caused by a third-party agent at bookings.ng claiming to represent the hotel. The staff advised us that it's always best to book direct with the hotel reception. This took some considerable time to sort out and we did have to hold our ground. But once we'd asked for the manager, she was very polite and helpful and demonstrated great customer service.

Our executive rooms were generally well appointed. There were a few issues with some of the finishing but relatively speaking (compared with other hotels I've used in Africa) this was of a high standard. There was hot water whenever I needed it, back-up power when the local supply failed and good air conditioning. Bedding and towels were clean.

The restaurant was fairly basic but the service was good and much faster than in some places I've stayed.

The place felt secure and well managed.

I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013