Just got back from 2 weeks at the BLV, family main holiday with 2 kids 5 and 7. Flew from Birmingham and flight was excellent arrived early and set up the holiday well, Kos airport I bit slow and seriously needs to change to cope with amount of air traffic. transfer was about 10 mins.
Check in was very quick and then straight on a golf buggy with all the luggage to the room, up quite a few stairs and the driver insisted he would do all the carrying as we were on holiday!
We were in block 6000, family room with sea view, lovely view and great room, plenty of storage space, 2 bedrooms great size and nicely decored out, 2 flat screen TV's and comfy beds, air con lovely, bathroom good size with nice large headed shower. Had a few problems in here with water leaking from roof in toilet and shower head being broken, but within the same day all sorted. Room could be a bit noisy from the entertainment but always finished at 11 on the dot so not really that much of a problem.
Entertainment was mixed, good start for the kids at 8 with 30 mins of dancing and generally messing about, kids loved it, then bit of presentation from Thomson related activities and bingo (yes I know it sounds bad but only for 10 mins and prizes were good up to 150 euros for a house!) Followed by entertainment usually of a dancing/singing nature, sometimes a little uncomfortable but you can dip in and out during the week if not your cup of tea, plenty of drinks areas if not.
Pools were good, though crowded on the activity pool which did remind me a bit of butlins! The main pool however was amazing, very big and never crowded. Beach lovely as well, lovely huts if you get there early, sea crystal clear. In terms of reserving sunbeds, people do it, if you want somewhere to sit round the pool you have to do it I'm afraid, I was down for 8 and got a good set of 4 beds on the large pool, on the activity pool you need to be earlier than that. Across the 2 weeks, there was never any towels removed for reserving.
Food in our opinion was good and not always the same, good choice and the italian and chinese were of a good quality, especially the chinese, usual feedback would be to have a little warmer but was always just warm enough.
Thought the price was expensive for the holiday but for what we got out of it worth the money. Would we go back more than likely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Village is a newly built luxurious village style complex with 366 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is in direct contact with the sandy beach offering magnificent views. It is located only 10 km from the centre of Kefalos, near Paradise Beach one of the most beautiful beaches of Kos, only 5 km from the airport and 30 km from Kos town, the capital of the island. The Blue Lagoon Village offers a vast variety of facilities like the Aegean Main restaurant with indoor and outdoor sections, the First Date restaurant with its romantic atmosphere (only for adults), the Thalassa Fish tavern, the Susshimi sushi restaurant and the Golden Sun Chinese restaurant offering you different tastes from all over the world. The Grill House is offering traditional Greek dishes, the Piazza Italian Restaurant is for traditional Italian meals, the Adventure Barbecue, where for grilling your own combination of different meats and finally the Gelateria where you can enjoy pancakes, waffles, sweets and ice-cream.You will have a hard job choosing where to have your drink: at the Shake & Mix Cocktail bar any time of the day, the Wet Pool bar, an impressive swim-up bar, at the Pool bar, at the Piazza Cocktail bar in the afternoon or at the Beach and Snack bar during the day. Our guests from all over the world will have the choice of a 3000 sq meters swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water jets, a 1000 sq meters activity pool with a section for children, a children’s splash pool, a 1000 sq meters leisure Pool and an “Adults-Only” pool area. There is also the choice of the long, sandy beach with a variety of water sports. For children and adults, that still feel like children, we recommend the Adventure Land with ropes course, waterslides and water games.The fully equipped Vida Fit health club with its’ heated pools, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath is available to all our guests over 16 years of age. For those who wish to pamper themselves, the PURArelax Spa offers a wide range of treatments. For a unique shopping experience visit our various shops, ranging from a minimarket and a liquor shop to boutiques and gift shops.In order to provide the best possible accommodation to all of our valuable guests, we have created standard rooms with sea view and swim up pool (also in the “Adults-Only” area), family rooms as well as Junior suites and Executive suites with private pools. All rooms are provided with satellite TV, mini-fridge, and coffee/tea making facilities, internet access, telephone, safety deposit box free of charge, individual air conditioning units, hairdryer and amenities. The Blue Lagoon Village in total harmony with the picturesque landscape, open from May to October, provides comfort and warm hospitality that attracts tourists from all over the world. The abundance of natural beauties and the crystal clear waters make the hotel a paradise of tranquility, ideal for families and couples. For those who wish to enjoy all these and more Blue Lagoon Village is the answer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Lagoon Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Village Hotel Kefalos
- Blue Lagoon Village Kefalos, Kos