We returned home yesterday from 11 relaxing nights/days at the Blue Lagoon Village. I'm not going to dwell on the 'joys' of Kos airport, it's horrendous and you just have to deal with that and accept that it's not going to be a pleasure. Our rep greeted us and dramatically told us to "look at the most perfect view of your holiday" as we descended down the hilly road into the resort. The sight of the Blue Lagoon beautifully lit up at night time was a fantastic introduction to the resort.
We were taken with our luggage on the golf buggy to our room (5205) and was really pleased with our location. We were near to the main restaurant, overlooked all the private suites with their own pools and had a sea view. We were in a double room with a sofa bed for our 8 and 10 year old to share. The room was cool, spacious, the beds were really comfortable and furnishing a high spec.
Blue Lagoon Village is well designed but do expect lots of steps. We had to descend 99 steps from our room to the activity pool. Whilst I can see this would be a problem for the infirm, disabled or families with young children, there were always golf buggys driving through the resort more than happy to take you to where you needed to get to. I also saw the step climbing as an opportunity to burn off some calories consumed at the buffet or waffle house. The staff at the resort were all really welcoming and always greeted us regardless of whether we had seen them before or not. There is always some sort of cleaning going on and we even saw maintainance re-painting walls despite them only opening in May! The towel animals left on the beds were greeted with delight by our children and our room cleaners really did make our room immaculate on a daily basis.
Food was wonderful. Heartily recommend the Adventure BBQ for their lunchtime gyros! We ate at the chinese restaurant too and the food was good quality. Can't fault the main restaurant, always something to please on the buffet - especially the Greek doughnuts! The house wine was 'ok' and choice of all inclusive drinks ensured we never needed to dip into our pockets. Try the nuttela waffles and crepes at the ice cream house at your peril, seriously addictive and most likely the main reason I have returned 9lb heavier!
There is a constant breeze at this resort which for us was great as it made the 38 degree heat bearable. I found I needed something to cover my arms in the evenings but that's because I feel the cold, most people were fine.
If I'm going to be completely honest we did have a couple of gripes with the hotel. Our room was very high up and exposed and our room's front door had a crack along a seal in it so that the wind did tend to howl through it throughout the day and night. We did complain to the hotel but was told that 'they couldn't stop the wind!' so nothing was done about it. We got used to it but my 8 year old son used to get a bit freaked out by what he said sounded like a ghost! We were also quite close to the entertainment stage where the music is very loud until 11am. This wasn't really a problem for us but families with very young children might want to request they are away from that area.
The hotel is remotely situated so can feel a little insular at time (for the want of a better word). I would imagine you tend to get out of this resort what you're prepared to put into it. If you have children who love kids clubs, joining in, and trying new watersports then they'll be happy. If you hire a car or do a couple of trips that would break up the holiday a little. We hired a car for 75 euros halfway through our holiday and drove all over the island in one day. You do miss however just being able to leave the complex and stroll 20 minutes into a nearby town for a change of scenery. I guess this is one of the factors of booking an all inclusive holiday though, you do tend to spend more time in the resort because you know it's all been paid for already.
What started off as "oh my goodness this entertainment is so babyish and cheesy" became "let's go and watch Jessie J, Smily Kylie and Boogie Baz and have a game of Bingo". It's a family resort and they've got to appeal to all ages and those three work tirelessly to ensure everyone has a good time. Ok, it's not sophisticated and at times was cringeworthy but hey no one knew us, we were on holiday and if I want to get up and dance the super hero song then so be it! lol
I suggest that before you go you think about what you want to get from the holiday, go to the welcome meeting if only to get aquainted with what's on offer and where everything is, let your hair down, try something new and enjoy the sunshine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Village is a newly built luxurious village style complex with 366 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is in direct contact with the sandy beach offering magnificent views. It is located only 10 km from the centre of Kefalos, near Paradise Beach one of the most beautiful beaches of Kos, only 5 km from the airport and 30 km from Kos town, the capital of the island. The Blue Lagoon Village offers a vast variety of facilities like the Aegean Main restaurant with indoor and outdoor sections, the First Date restaurant with its romantic atmosphere (only for adults), the Thalassa Fish tavern, the Susshimi sushi restaurant and the Golden Sun Chinese restaurant offering you different tastes from all over the world. The Grill House is offering traditional Greek dishes, the Piazza Italian Restaurant is for traditional Italian meals, the Adventure Barbecue, where for grilling your own combination of different meats and finally the Gelateria where you can enjoy pancakes, waffles, sweets and ice-cream.You will have a hard job choosing where to have your drink: at the Shake & Mix Cocktail bar any time of the day, the Wet Pool bar, an impressive swim-up bar, at the Pool bar, at the Piazza Cocktail bar in the afternoon or at the Beach and Snack bar during the day. Our guests from all over the world will have the choice of a 3000 sq meters swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water jets, a 1000 sq meters activity pool with a section for children, a children’s splash pool, a 1000 sq meters leisure Pool and an “Adults-Only” pool area. There is also the choice of the long, sandy beach with a variety of water sports. For children and adults, that still feel like children, we recommend the Adventure Land with ropes course, waterslides and water games.The fully equipped Vida Fit health club with its’ heated pools, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath is available to all our guests over 16 years of age. For those who wish to pamper themselves, the PURArelax Spa offers a wide range of treatments. For a unique shopping experience visit our various shops, ranging from a minimarket and a liquor shop to boutiques and gift shops.In order to provide the best possible accommodation to all of our valuable guests, we have created standard rooms with sea view and swim up pool (also in the “Adults-Only” area), family rooms as well as Junior suites and Executive suites with private pools. All rooms are provided with satellite TV, mini-fridge, and coffee/tea making facilities, internet access, telephone, safety deposit box free of charge, individual air conditioning units, hairdryer and amenities. The Blue Lagoon Village in total harmony with the picturesque landscape, open from May to October, provides comfort and warm hospitality that attracts tourists from all over the world. The abundance of natural beauties and the crystal clear waters make the hotel a paradise of tranquility, ideal for families and couples. For those who wish to enjoy all these and more Blue Lagoon Village is the answer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Blue Lagoon Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Village Hotel Kefalos
- Blue Lagoon Village Kefalos, Kos