This is a great hotel - some of the reviews on here are a bit odd (and some of them are for the wrong hotel as they have been written for the Blue Lagoon Resort but posted on the Lagoon, idiots!)
This is a 5 star all inclusive hotel but as an experienced traveller I can say its not a 5 star hotel and there is a difference. The main difference being the overall level of service and food quality is not 5 star hotel quality but I've stayed in some great 4 and 5 star all inclusive places and it is easily on a par with those.
If your dumb enough to expect a 5star hotel - get off at the next bus stop and grab a brain! Obviously chavs with a weird view of life post on this site! I paid £5k and felt I got a £5k 2 week break. Obviously some people think that for £5k you get the Ritz for 2 weeks...
I loved this hotel and so did my family (me, my wife and my 2 kids aged 2 and 5). It has a great family feel and the room standard and overall build quality is very good. The activities for kids are fabulous - good kids club if you want to use that is run by Thomson and not the hotel (big difference there!)
The entertainment is ok - not great at night but the table service is welcome. Some of the shows are great but when its Greek night, take a walk on the beach or go back to your room. The drinks available are good and if you want to pay for international brands you can pay as you go for these.
- you do not have to pay for coffee, of any form, at ANY time of the day as some idiots have said on here
- you do not have to pay for sun beds on the beach either!
- interestingly, wireless is expensive by the hour at 5 euros but if you pay 20 euros you get 24 hours use (which I made last me the whole holiday as you use it as time spent)
- on the wireless internet, you can also use this in your room by ethernet cable if you take one to hook up your laptop (and its pretty fast - I'd say 10mb easy)
- the shop on site has nappies, baby food
- there are baby changing rooms round pool and in bars
- you can get home comforts here like crisps, choc and some Robinsons juices if you really need to also
- the bars all day stock all kinds of juices for kids
- the snack bars do sandwiches, hot dogs, ice creams and waffles and crepes most of the day
- food at night has good selection of kids food and other "plain" foods
- microwave in restaurants to warm bottles and food if needed
- the hotel, due to its geography, is on several "tiers" which either involves walking up and down a few slopes / hills or taking a few stairs. If you have a pushchair you can easily find a slope but it may take you a little further to access. We had 2 young kids and it was easy
- some of the rooms are on the 2nd floor, requiring a pushchair lift if small children inside but its not really a problem
- if you really want to move around you can call a "taxi" golf cart buggy to transport you around easily. The club style layout makes this work really well. Including "thumbing" a lift to the Water Park (which is fun)
- This hotel is in a bay area and there is only one road in - a "top gear" style winding road dropping a couple of hundred feet.
- This means you cannot really leave the resort (this is good because its private and safe but bad as its 10km from anything! Unless you rent a car on site, you definitely cannot go anywhere except walk along the beach
- the beach itself is 100% private and very good
- very good. TIP: when in main restaurant just make sure you go to both "wings" as food different in evening in both!
- breakfast has good selection
- lunch takes place in a couple of locations and very good
- snack bars (mentioned above) are great for kids
- Italian, Chinese and BBQ good. The BBQ is cook your own which is nice
- even picky eaters will do ok here (Chips on full supply!)
- coffee making facilities
- fridge in room
- FREE safe (again not what other's have said!)
- good showers, beds etc
- TV's welcome but don't expect English channels past BBC Worldwide! (typical really)
- smallest building in world (I have a shed in my garden bigger!)
- don't expect luggage trollies without a fight and expect to queue outside
Great, you'll love it. A holiday is what you make it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Village is a newly built luxurious village style complex with 366 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is in direct contact with the sandy beach offering magnificent views. It is located only 10 km from the centre of Kefalos, near Paradise Beach one of the most beautiful beaches of Kos, only 5 km from the airport and 30 km from Kos town, the capital of the island. The Blue Lagoon Village offers a vast variety of facilities like the Aegean Main restaurant with indoor and outdoor sections, the First Date restaurant with its romantic atmosphere (only for adults), the Thalassa Fish tavern, the Susshimi sushi restaurant and the Golden Sun Chinese restaurant offering you different tastes from all over the world. The Grill House is offering traditional Greek dishes, the Piazza Italian Restaurant is for traditional Italian meals, the Adventure Barbecue, where for grilling your own combination of different meats and finally the Gelateria where you can enjoy pancakes, waffles, sweets and ice-cream.You will have a hard job choosing where to have your drink: at the Shake & Mix Cocktail bar any time of the day, the Wet Pool bar, an impressive swim-up bar, at the Pool bar, at the Piazza Cocktail bar in the afternoon or at the Beach and Snack bar during the day. Our guests from all over the world will have the choice of a 3000 sq meters swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water jets, a 1000 sq meters activity pool with a section for children, a children’s splash pool, a 1000 sq meters leisure Pool and an “Adults-Only” pool area. There is also the choice of the long, sandy beach with a variety of water sports. For children and adults, that still feel like children, we recommend the Adventure Land with ropes course, waterslides and water games.The fully equipped Vida Fit health club with its’ heated pools, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath is available to all our guests over 16 years of age. For those who wish to pamper themselves, the PURArelax Spa offers a wide range of treatments. For a unique shopping experience visit our various shops, ranging from a minimarket and a liquor shop to boutiques and gift shops.In order to provide the best possible accommodation to all of our valuable guests, we have created standard rooms with sea view and swim up pool (also in the “Adults-Only” area), family rooms as well as Junior suites and Executive suites with private pools. All rooms are provided with satellite TV, mini-fridge, and coffee/tea making facilities, internet access, telephone, safety deposit box free of charge, individual air conditioning units, hairdryer and amenities. The Blue Lagoon Village in total harmony with the picturesque landscape, open from May to October, provides comfort and warm hospitality that attracts tourists from all over the world. The abundance of natural beauties and the crystal clear waters make the hotel a paradise of tranquility, ideal for families and couples. For those who wish to enjoy all these and more Blue Lagoon Village is the answer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Lagoon Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Village Hotel Kefalos
- Blue Lagoon Village Kefalos, Kos