My boyfriend and I spent a week in the resort mid September, it was our first proper holiday together and I am pretty fussy too, so I had high expectations! The transfer from Kos Airport is super quick (you can see the resort as you come into land) which was great and so even though we didn't land till 21:45 we managed to try out three of the bars as soon as we arrived at the hotel!
Our room was fab, we upgraded to a Jacuzzi with a sea view and it was well worth it as we used it every evening. Only negative about the room really was the bed, as we had twin beds pushed together which didn't stay together as they weren't fixed in place. A bit annoying. There was water in the minibar on arrival which doesn't get re-stocked, but you can ask for bottles of water from any of the bars and take them back to the room to keep in the fridge, as well as taking wine or cocktails back to the room if you want in room drinks. The hairdryer (ladies!) was bit rubbish, and took ages, so bring your won if you can fit it in your baggage allowance.
Really yummy food and a great variety of choice. The Sushi Bar still wasn't opened, but it had an extra charge anyway, so we probably would have used it. The Italian is open for buffet lunch self service in the day, but its waiter service at night, and really tasty. We went to the First Date restaurant twice, and both ate different things for each course every time, so a good enough selection to go more than once on the menu. The Chinese was really tasty, and the staff were great. Amazing pancakes and waffles at the pool, the staff there are a little bit grumpy, but ignore that as the taste is worth it! We really liked doing the Adventure BBQ, is very relaxed (the only place men can wear shorts at dinner) and there is a big selection of meats, salads, dips etc. We hardly ate in the Aegean buffet at all except for breakfast, but the choices are huge, and its worth knowing that the food is different in each of the three sections, so its worth a wander round before you pick.
It is only locally branded spirits, and a few of the cocktails are made from a ready mix, so nothing to get too excited about there, and they only had a limited menu to choose from. But the beer is fine, and the wine with dinner is actually surprisingly drinkable, in the past at all inclusives the house wine has been a real no no, but we had the red, white & rose and it went down fine!
This was really for us, we heard it from a distance, but never went. However I didn't go expecting to spend time at the entertainment, so I wasn't disappointed. The main pool where they do the entertainment is the busiest, and the nosiest, and again we weren't really interested in the entertainment supplied there so we just chose not to go there. There are so many places to sit/lie both in the day and evening that you really can please yourself and do as much or as little as you like. The water park on site was great fun and only a little stroll away. We didn't get round to the high ropes course (didn't really have appropriate footwear with me!) but that looked like good fun.
I understand people's comments about the resort needing to decide who it’s for, is it a five star couples resort, or a family resort with loud entertainment and pool games? But actually for us, it didn't really matter. There are adult only areas, and quieter areas, so if you don't want to be around families/children you don't have to, and likewise if you have kids then the facilities are great and it all feels very clean and safe.
There's much said on reviews on here about the wind and the pools being cold. Yes, the pools are cold. I didn't swim, but I probably wouldn't even if they weren't that cold! It didn't seem to stop people (adults and children) swimming and my boyfriend went in every day. I would also agree that it’s breezy, but when it’s really hot, a breeze is very welcome, and it was no where near as windy/cool as other review has implied. We may have been lucky with the weather, but I don't like being cold, and I only had to put a cardigan on on one occasion, so it must have been warm!
To sum up, we had a wonderful relaxing holiday, with helpful staff, a fab variety of places to eat and drink, lovely weather and beautiful views.
Two very happy customers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Village is a newly built luxurious village style complex with 366 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is in direct contact with the sandy beach offering magnificent views. It is located only 10 km from the centre of Kefalos, near Paradise Beach one of the most beautiful beaches of Kos, only 5 km from the airport and 30 km from Kos town, the capital of the island. The Blue Lagoon Village offers a vast variety of facilities like the Aegean Main restaurant with indoor and outdoor sections, the First Date restaurant with its romantic atmosphere (only for adults), the Thalassa Fish tavern, the Susshimi sushi restaurant and the Golden Sun Chinese restaurant offering you different tastes from all over the world. The Grill House is offering traditional Greek dishes, the Piazza Italian Restaurant is for traditional Italian meals, the Adventure Barbecue, where for grilling your own combination of different meats and finally the Gelateria where you can enjoy pancakes, waffles, sweets and ice-cream.You will have a hard job choosing where to have your drink: at the Shake & Mix Cocktail bar any time of the day, the Wet Pool bar, an impressive swim-up bar, at the Pool bar, at the Piazza Cocktail bar in the afternoon or at the Beach and Snack bar during the day. Our guests from all over the world will have the choice of a 3000 sq meters swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water jets, a 1000 sq meters activity pool with a section for children, a children’s splash pool, a 1000 sq meters leisure Pool and an “Adults-Only” pool area. There is also the choice of the long, sandy beach with a variety of water sports. For children and adults, that still feel like children, we recommend the Adventure Land with ropes course, waterslides and water games.The fully equipped Vida Fit health club with its’ heated pools, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath is available to all our guests over 16 years of age. For those who wish to pamper themselves, the PURArelax Spa offers a wide range of treatments. For a unique shopping experience visit our various shops, ranging from a minimarket and a liquor shop to boutiques and gift shops.In order to provide the best possible accommodation to all of our valuable guests, we have created standard rooms with sea view and swim up pool (also in the “Adults-Only” area), family rooms as well as Junior suites and Executive suites with private pools. All rooms are provided with satellite TV, mini-fridge, and coffee/tea making facilities, internet access, telephone, safety deposit box free of charge, individual air conditioning units, hairdryer and amenities. The Blue Lagoon Village in total harmony with the picturesque landscape, open from May to October, provides comfort and warm hospitality that attracts tourists from all over the world. The abundance of natural beauties and the crystal clear waters make the hotel a paradise of tranquility, ideal for families and couples. For those who wish to enjoy all these and more Blue Lagoon Village is the answer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Lagoon Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Village Hotel Kefalos
- Blue Lagoon Village Kefalos, Kos