Booked a last minute deal to this hotel with my partner as my parents, and my brother and his family were already going...
Well laid out, we never left the resort. Could take you up to 2 hours to walk round it all. There are hotel staff all over in golf carts willing to take you anywhere, but it's nice to walk off all those carbs!!
We were upgraded to a executive deluxe suite for a bargain price!!
We were in room 3121 in ("3000" block) and i can easily say it was the best room in the whole resort. We had a 3 room suite with our own private terrace & private pool.
My parents had a twin room in "7000" block and it was too close to the main night entertainment stage so they grumbled.
My brother, his wife & kids (aged 5 & 10) had a family room in "5000" block which was quite nice and closer to the beach than we were.
It's worth going on the blue lagoon website and looking at the resort map. eg "1000" &"2000" blocks were a long walk from the beach and the main restuarants. Also i can't see the point of the "swim-up" rooms as they don't connect to the main pools...
Food was good, could be a little repetative. I found the vegetarian choices ok, and have developed a love for olives! Always lots of puddings to choose from. There were 6 different evening restaurants that are included in the all inclusive price (2x main, italian, bbq, couples, family) plus 2 that you could pay extra for (chinese & fish)
various snack bars open throughout the day serving hotdogs, ice cream, pancakes etc.
All drinks were included in the price- work your way down the cocktail list!! There were a few special drinks (mainly branded) only available to people in the suites though. Good choice of soft drinks & slushies for the kids.
STUFF TO DO
We spent most of out time in our own pool during the first week as it was school holidays & was v busy. The waterpark was a nice 10 minute walk away, worth going to try & get the oldies to go on the slides!
Also tennis & football courts but it was too hot to be running around!
Didn't try the watersports on the beach but it was always in use.
Our group was aged between 5 & 62 and we all enjoyed the pools. I think there were; kids only, adults only, & sports pools. there were a few others that we never went to as they were at the other side of the resort.
My partner used the gym every other day and he said it was a bit sparse... i said no one would really be bothered by that as who really goes on holiday to go in the gym...!!
None of the 6 adults in our party could get a phone signal on networks: O2, tesco, orange, 3 or vodaphone anywhere in the resort.
Kos airport is so small & shabby it's a joke. The same 3 members of staff checked us in, then shut the desks & opened the shops, then put on high vis vests to throw the suitcases onto the plane!!! They are very laid back & no-one seemed to know what was going on. Just double check you are getting on the right plane home!!!!!!
***All in all it was a wonderfull hoilday had by all, and we'd love to go back... if we could have the same room at the same price!!!! :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Village is a newly built luxurious village style complex with 366 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is in direct contact with the sandy beach offering magnificent views. It is located only 10 km from the centre of Kefalos, near Paradise Beach one of the most beautiful beaches of Kos, only 5 km from the airport and 30 km from Kos town, the capital of the island. The Blue Lagoon Village offers a vast variety of facilities like the Aegean Main restaurant with indoor and outdoor sections, the First Date restaurant with its romantic atmosphere (only for adults), the Thalassa Fish tavern, the Susshimi sushi restaurant and the Golden Sun Chinese restaurant offering you different tastes from all over the world. The Grill House is offering traditional Greek dishes, the Piazza Italian Restaurant is for traditional Italian meals, the Adventure Barbecue, where for grilling your own combination of different meats and finally the Gelateria where you can enjoy pancakes, waffles, sweets and ice-cream.You will have a hard job choosing where to have your drink: at the Shake & Mix Cocktail bar any time of the day, the Wet Pool bar, an impressive swim-up bar, at the Pool bar, at the Piazza Cocktail bar in the afternoon or at the Beach and Snack bar during the day. Our guests from all over the world will have the choice of a 3000 sq meters swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water jets, a 1000 sq meters activity pool with a section for children, a children’s splash pool, a 1000 sq meters leisure Pool and an “Adults-Only” pool area. There is also the choice of the long, sandy beach with a variety of water sports. For children and adults, that still feel like children, we recommend the Adventure Land with ropes course, waterslides and water games.The fully equipped Vida Fit health club with its’ heated pools, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath is available to all our guests over 16 years of age. For those who wish to pamper themselves, the PURArelax Spa offers a wide range of treatments. For a unique shopping experience visit our various shops, ranging from a minimarket and a liquor shop to boutiques and gift shops.In order to provide the best possible accommodation to all of our valuable guests, we have created standard rooms with sea view and swim up pool (also in the “Adults-Only” area), family rooms as well as Junior suites and Executive suites with private pools. All rooms are provided with satellite TV, mini-fridge, and coffee/tea making facilities, internet access, telephone, safety deposit box free of charge, individual air conditioning units, hairdryer and amenities. The Blue Lagoon Village in total harmony with the picturesque landscape, open from May to October, provides comfort and warm hospitality that attracts tourists from all over the world. The abundance of natural beauties and the crystal clear waters make the hotel a paradise of tranquility, ideal for families and couples. For those who wish to enjoy all these and more Blue Lagoon Village is the answer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Lagoon Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Village Hotel Kefalos
- Blue Lagoon Village Kefalos, Kos