we arrived at the blue lagoon village on May 4th this year. The coach transfer from the airport was nice and quick taking only 15mins max. We were greeted by an army of check in staff so were checked i will within 5mins. We were offered a welcome drink and sandwiches which was a great touch and very welcome. We were then taken to our room (7503) via golf buggy.
The room was fantastic. spacious, modern and spotlessly clean. It had twin beds pushed together, a desk area, sofa and coffee table. A dressing area with more than enough wardrobe space and the biggest bathroom i have ever had anywhere. The bathroom had a massive walk in shower with a bath with a shower over too. We had booked a sea view twin but to our surprise we walked out onto our balcony to find a jacuzzi!
As It was dark we had no idea what view we had. come morning we were not disappointed, we had a fantastic sea view with a view over the entertainment stage and across to adventure land too. Having read other reviews I was a little apprehensive about noise later that night but come evening the entertainment only goes on until 11pm max with the music being turned right down from about 10.40 after the party dances.
Breakfast in the main agean restaurant. It is a buffet with everything you could ever want from cereals to cooked breakfast and hot pastries. At the beginning of the week only one main area was open but by the end there were two with an additional station just seeming to do the hot pastries and cakes. The breakfast was good and my only minor criticism would be the hotdog style sausages and the overall temperature of the hot food. I liked to have porridge but found I would have to use the microwave (next to the toaster) to heat it up. One morning the porridge had been made with milk that was off which put me off for the rest of the week.
Pools - three outdoor ones to choose from. Two by the beach, the activity pool which does what it says on the tin, is where all the activities take place. Not our cup of tea but great for kids. This is also where the kids pool is with a shade over. Here is where you will find the Greek restaurant and the gelateria. The main pool is next to the activity pool and is huge! It has water jets and jacuzzi's too. Really nice and a bit more chilled than the activity pool. Here is where you will find the first date and the fish restaurants. By far our favourite pool was the smaller `relax` pool. I was under the impression this was adults only but i may have just got confused with the fact it was near the adults only block. Lovely a quiet with a swim up bar and fantastic sea views. It would be nice to make this an adults only pool to give couples somewhere to go as the other pools are much more suited to families. Right now sunbeds. These were great lovely wicker numbers and very comfy. It is a shame they don't have cushions on as they are clearly meant to. I understand in a hotel with hundreds of beds it would be a logistical nightmare but i would have been happy to pay for the option. beach\pool towels are provided. You are given towel cards at check in and you take them to either the courtesy room in the plaza area or the gym to exchange for towels.
Beach - is huge! Plenty of sunbeds. it is a bit rocky but plenty of boarded walks and the sandbags to help you get over the rocks and into the sea. We hired a beach gazebo twice and found them to be fantastic. €25 for the day with waiter service and a fruit platter. They were great for getting out of the wind as it was a bit breezy whilst we were there.
Wellness centre - me and my husband visited a few times in a vain attempt to work off all the food! Gym is well equipped with a good range of cardio and weights. The pool is lovely with water jets and jacuzzi. There is also a steam and sauna. We used the sauna which was modern and well kept. The staff were helpful and friendly. From 8am to 10am is adults only in the pool so if you want to do some serious lengths this is the best time. I had it all to myself which was great. Adults only time is from 5pm also. There is a good range of fitness classes too from aquafit to zumba, spinning and bodypump. We didn't try these though so cannot comment on what they are like.
Food - I have covered breakfast so lets do lunch. This is buffet style again as is available in the Greek restaurant on the activity pool level and the Italian on the plaza level above. Both were good. The greek offering surprisingly Greek choices with salads etc. The Italian also has this but with pasta and pizza too. We enjoyed the food in both but foand the service.at he Greek to be really good. this is maybe because it is much smaller.
Dinner - main agean - this is buffet style. A good choice and was of good quality. Towards the end of the week the other area was open as well as the adults only dining area. My only criticism would be the service we received on the first night with th waiter clearing our table twice whilst we were at the buffet. The first time his manager apologized and reset the table and our drinks. The second time he was nowhere to be seen and our table was not reset, no apology and no fresh drinks. it would also be nice to see better labeling of the dishes. as some had no indication as to what they were.
first date - next to the relax pool and aduls only. Lovely ambience, good service and good food. It was a bit breezy so make sure you take cardie or wrap.
Adventure grill - pick and cook you own food on your personal grill. Great choice of food with helpful staff and something a bit unusual. We really enjoyed this and there was a really relaxed fun atmosphere.
Chinese - by far the stand out highlight of our stay. The food was superb the service was faultless and the decor fantastic. We would have happily paid to make second visit.
Italian - This was the most disappointing a la carte. Service was poor and the food average at best. My rissoto resembled rice pudding with a handful of mushrooms thrown in and my husbands pizza was overloaded with cheese and.not enough sauce. Such a shame really as it could be so good. Maybe following the first date and having less choice on the menu would improve the quality just a few fantastically executed dishes.
Entertainment - we can't really comment on the daytime programme but did watch all of the evening shows. It starts with a kids section then at 9pm it goes onto a gameshow style. What we saw of these they were good fun and well executed. I cannot fault the Thomson team ( Davy b, Minty, Natalia) they were always full of energy. Then at 9.30 the show team would take over. Overall these were very good with shows from headliners, riverddance, rock of ages and a decades show. We often saw them rehearsing throughout the day from our balcony. The decades show was a particular highlight.
We didn't visit adventure land so can't comment on that but from other people we spoke to with kids they had enjoyed the sides but were disappointed they couldntt use the rope course due to there being no instructors there.
Overall this hotel is great. It offers everything you could ever want. It is undoubtedly fantastic for kids whilst still giving parents a luxury break. A few tweaks would take it to fantastic. We will definitely return but not at the beginning of the season again. It was a shame that we really only felt we go the true blue lagoon village experience in last few days of our stay as it is truely fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Village is a newly built luxurious village style complex with 366 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is in direct contact with the sandy beach offering magnificent views. It is located only 10 km from the centre of Kefalos, near Paradise Beach one of the most beautiful beaches of Kos, only 5 km from the airport and 30 km from Kos town, the capital of the island. The Blue Lagoon Village offers a vast variety of facilities like the Aegean Main restaurant with indoor and outdoor sections, the First Date restaurant with its romantic atmosphere (only for adults), the Thalassa Fish tavern, the Susshimi sushi restaurant and the Golden Sun Chinese restaurant offering you different tastes from all over the world. The Grill House is offering traditional Greek dishes, the Piazza Italian Restaurant is for traditional Italian meals, the Adventure Barbecue, where for grilling your own combination of different meats and finally the Gelateria where you can enjoy pancakes, waffles, sweets and ice-cream.You will have a hard job choosing where to have your drink: at the Shake & Mix Cocktail bar any time of the day, the Wet Pool bar, an impressive swim-up bar, at the Pool bar, at the Piazza Cocktail bar in the afternoon or at the Beach and Snack bar during the day. Our guests from all over the world will have the choice of a 3000 sq meters swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water jets, a 1000 sq meters activity pool with a section for children, a children’s splash pool, a 1000 sq meters leisure Pool and an “Adults-Only” pool area. There is also the choice of the long, sandy beach with a variety of water sports. For children and adults, that still feel like children, we recommend the Adventure Land with ropes course, waterslides and water games.The fully equipped Vida Fit health club with its’ heated pools, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath is available to all our guests over 16 years of age. For those who wish to pamper themselves, the PURArelax Spa offers a wide range of treatments. For a unique shopping experience visit our various shops, ranging from a minimarket and a liquor shop to boutiques and gift shops.In order to provide the best possible accommodation to all of our valuable guests, we have created standard rooms with sea view and swim up pool (also in the “Adults-Only” area), family rooms as well as Junior suites and Executive suites with private pools. All rooms are provided with satellite TV, mini-fridge, and coffee/tea making facilities, internet access, telephone, safety deposit box free of charge, individual air conditioning units, hairdryer and amenities. The Blue Lagoon Village in total harmony with the picturesque landscape, open from May to October, provides comfort and warm hospitality that attracts tourists from all over the world. The abundance of natural beauties and the crystal clear waters make the hotel a paradise of tranquility, ideal for families and couples. For those who wish to enjoy all these and more Blue Lagoon Village is the answer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Lagoon Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Village Hotel Kefalos
- Blue Lagoon Village Kefalos, Kos