All reviewskamari baysnack barpool areanext yearyear after yeargreat laughother guestsair conditioningkos townplenty of sunbedsthe hotel is cleanideal locationsense of humourearly hourslocal tavernashotel is greatcleaned daily
Reviewed 27 June 2012 via mobile

We originally booked into the athinoula however Thomas cook messed us around and moved us into this hotel! This was not a good start to our holiday dying which we were to get married!!
I cannot understand people saying the owner was rude he was very pleasant to us kept champagne for us that we had been given as a gift in his bar fridge an was also smiling and helpful!
Rooms were small but clean and adequate! This is advertised as a B&B therefore you don't get a fridge which is a downside! Also I don't think the Greeks understand a breakfast as only a toast or a roll was served!
The pool was lovely plenty of sunbeds and a cheap pool snack bar! Hotel also situated a minute from the beach bars and restaurant!
This was a cheap holiday so don't pay for a cheap holiday and moan if it's not 5* ! Kefalos is a lovely place but if u want las busy places for a lads or girls holiday go to Kardemena but ull spend double on a night out!
We will be back an had a fabulous time as did all of our 49 wedding guests the wedding was on the island of kastri a magnificent setting

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank pheatley82
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I first stayed at the Kamari Bay Hotel in 2002 and have, I think, stayed on at least four other occasions since. My wife and I have been in different months, June July and September, and no matter which month we have gone in we have always had a fantastic time.

Firstly the facilities. The pool is large and there is never any trouble getting a sunbed. They also don't encourage music around the pool which suits me fine as you get a lot of peace and quiet to read. There is a kiosk serving snacks and drinks from 10am to 6pm run by Maria. She has a lovely manner and is very helpful.

The rooms are quite basic but they are a good size with good size balconies and the cleanliness cannot be faulted. Considering this is a two star hotel charging two star hotel prices I think they are very good value.

The only time you will use the dining room is at breakfast. Toast and rolls on alternate days with orange juice and coffee. Cake on a Sunday. Perfect for my needs as I'm not big on breakfast. For those that are there are innumerable places within ten minutes walk where you will get a fry up for three or four euros.

Reception, the bar and staff. I read the reviews that complain about Yanni, the owner and smile. I like Yanni. Yes he likes to maintain standards and perhaps things to happen in a certain way but that's fine with us. It is after all his hotel. When we are there I make a point of talking to him every day and find him both charming and helpful.

And then there's Tony in the Bar. Tony is great fun and keeps the conversation moving around the oblong shaped bar in reception. There is no compunction to join in, and plenty of other areas to sit if you don't want to, but I would suggest if you do this you will detract from the enjoyment of your holiday. I have met many interesting people at Tony's bar who I have met again on subsiquent visits.

As regards the rest of Keflos there are lots of fantastic places to eat. I am not going to name any as I do not want to offend others by leaving them out. Suffice to say you can eat well
with a good variety of choice very reasonably whenever you wish.

Maria's is our favourite bar where Yanni and his brother Mano are very nice, and they are also very helpful. If you like watching sport on TV they have it all covered. (Watch out for the cocktails - they are stronger than you might think).

The beach is a bit shingley near the hotel but gets less so the nearer the island you get.
A personal joy for me each day is a stroll along to the harbour.

Over the years I have suggested the Kamari Bay to many friends back in Scotland and innevitably they too have come to use it on a regular basis.

I look forward to my next visit with contented anticipation.

Jim (& Pamela) from Glasgow.

4  Thank Jim D
Reviewed 21 June 2012

just returned from kamari bay hotel after a great weeks holiday,hotel rooms are basic but clean ,great atmosphere and all staff very freindly,cant wait to go back next year which will be our third year in a row.keflos is unspoilt and has some great places to eat and drink
big up to greece,great people,great place

3  Thank ian w
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Just back from two weeks at the Kamari Bay. On arrival, hotel seemed nice enough, room basic but alright size with balcony. Rooms are cleaned every day bar sundays. We did have a few problems with the hotel though. Ive never been somewhere that is so unsocialable in all the places ive ever been too. Holidaymakers here seem to return year after year, and you are treated like an outcast. Also no other Scottish people were staying at our hotel the whole time we were there, very much felt like we werent welcome. A lot of noise can also be heard from other holidaymakers coming in at out. We had a rubbish flight home time, so had to be out our room at midday, they wanted 25 euros to keep the room till 8pm, which i refuse to pay. No where secure to keep cases they are kept just by reception which is directly at the door of the hotel, and didnt seem to be kept an eye on. I would not recommend this hotel for the owner alone. Ive never met someone so rude in all my life, and who starts a conversation in a raised voice with threatening tones. I also didnt appreciate being told by him, that we should be off his property at midday, but he was kind enough to let us stay. Only decent things about the hotel is that it has a good size pool with lots of sunloungers and its location, which is 3 minutes from the beach.

Kefalos itself was very quiet, but great for a chilled out holiday as there isnt that much to actually do. Kos Town is lovely, but expensive but definetly worth a visit. Watersports are placed along the beach, and there is a harbour that you can go to Nissoryos and Turkey from. Most resturants were nice, Santa Barbara and Maria tend to be our favourite. Manos takeaway is also brilliant, and def worth a visit. Marias Cocktail bar is definetly the place to go for drinks, cocktails from 2 euros, and most drinks very cheap and lovely service. Bravo bar also very good, and gives you free sunbeds and umberella (which even has a pillow).

Overall we had a lovely holiday, but would not recommend the Kamari Bay to anyone.

3  Thank xMrs_Dx
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have stayed in Kamari Bay hotel a few times over the years and I am an old friend of Tony and Yanis (John) just from staying over the years, and they are both fantastic people, just treat them with respect and they will treat you the same, yes Yanis is grumpy sometimes (You know you are Yanis but we wouldnt have you any other way haha) but deep down he is a really nice guy.

Tony, if you ever read this your a fantastic guy and I will see you again at somepoint over the next year or 2 ("Hey Happy, its Slappy") now that I have given you a little break :) I wonder where Craig is???!?!?! I aint seen him in years. If you ever go to Kamari Bay and bump into Craig tell him an old friend Simon said Hi.... if you dont see him just ask Tony about him, he will tell you all about the funniest craziest guy Ive ever met, and I met him there, on a few occasions. Yes there is a clique cos people go back there year after year, they love it that much, but get involved in the clique like I did and its a great atmosphere.

Just go and enjoy your self. Get a car and travel round, there is loads to do and the island is so small you can get everywhere in an hour. Go up above Kamari bay and visit the white churches and leave them a bit of money in the tray, go to the furthest point around Kamari bay to the restaurant at the sea (beautiful) Go to the forest to see the peacocks and the Tortoises, go to the far side of Kos town, as far as you can drive round the mountain and get in the thermal spa, go to the beautiful beaches, camel beach, bubble beach.... and on and on.... I've had some fantastic holidays over the years there. Ok I aint been for about 7 years now as the world is a large place and I have been visiting it, but I bet when I do go back Tony will greet me like an old friend he saw yesterday. Ask him about me - and tell him that I recommended him to you and he will remember you when you go back again, its what he is like - Genuine!

Dont go looking to argue with Yanis, look to have a lovely time. You will!

P.S. It says I travelled in April 2011. I didnt, I travelled there in , 1998, 1999 (twice), 2000, 2001 (twice), and lastly 2005

Room Tip: All the rooms are basic and clean. Just go with a view to sleep in your room and be out during the day.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends