“Winter Wonderland Outdoor Spa”
Review of Nordik Spa-Nature

Nordik Spa-Nature
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Chelsea
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My girlfriend and I spent a wonderful winter day splashing about in hot pools, followed by cold water plunges and mixed with saunas of various types. It was a wonderful relaxing, rejuvenating experience. No cameras, phones or electronics of any sort are allowed. No talking allowed (except in designated areas. We topped off the day with a lovely cheese and fruit plate and a couple of glasses of wine. I can't wait to go again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had booked a one hour appointment for massage. On the way, there was a massive accident on the highway and the traffic was completely jammed. So we called ahead and informed that we will be arriving late. We arrived there half hour late. The staff knew about the accident as it was on the news And we had called ahead to inform them but they refused to provide service. They did not even give us any service for the half hour that was still left on our appointment. They charged us full amount and the staff did not have any collaborative approach. They were outright rude and did not offer any service in-lieu of or any further discount ever. I will not recommend this to anyone who is interested in getting good customer service.

8  Thank Minakshi B
Nathalie L, General Manager at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Minakshi B,

Our goal at Nordik Spa-Nature is to always offer a wonderful and unique experience to our guests. I am truly sorry to learn that your situation was not handled according to our standards. May you please contact me at your earliest convenience at 819-827-1111 extension 345.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Nathalie Lalonde

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Customer service: bilingual but unwelcoming, unhelpful staff. Make you pay in advance without you knowing the calibre of service you're about to get.

Massage service: there's a considerable discrepancy in the quality of massages provided that varies from masseuse to masseuse. The last one I had was essentially 90 minutes of someone just touching me lightly with zero pressure, despite having communicated to them on two occasions I needed more pressure. I specifically asked her to focus on my back and instead she spent most of the time just caressing my arms again very amateur like.

They offer no change rooms if you aren't using the bath service for which you pay extra. You have to change inside the massage room which is a much different experience compared to other luxury spas I've frequented.

The rooms are noisy with a vent hum that disrupts the quiet and the construction outside the spa certainly doesn't help.

There are no quiet areas as the staff do not enforce a serene environment!

Despite the fact that the location promises so much those running the spa lack in expertise as to what really makes the spa experience great. Overall a disappointing experience.

3  Thank Efervescentnomad
Nathalie L, General Manager at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Efervescentnomad,

We are very sorry to learn that you last experience was disappointing, as creating unique and memorable experience is our main focus. Be assured I took good note of all your comments.

Concerning the receptionists, you are right, first impressions are more than important, as well a good customer service. From what I can read, you weren’t greeted in a way meeting Nordik Spa-Nature standards. Be assured our managers and directors will keep an eye open and make sure that all of our employees serve our visitors the way Nordik Spa-Nature wants to.

I am happy to share with you that we are adding new lockers to solve any availability issues.

I certainly would like to discuss your massage experience with you as it is most important that all our therapists adapt their techniques and skills to fulfill guest’s expectations every time.

You may contact me 819-827-1111 ext. 345.

Nathalie Lalonde

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Hubby and I were staying in arnprior with our two children but wanted a special day getaway to celebrate our anniversary. Spa Nordik delivered. Only a little over an hour away, the spa was exactly what the love doctor ordered! Upon arriving, you had to climb quite a few stairs to get up to the main spa. It felt like the further you climbed, the further you left the daily grind! Landscaping was beautiful. Checked in and we were given special individually coded bracelets to access lockers. We were given the option of renting robes at $11/each but we had brought our own. Water bottles could also be purchased for $2/each but we had brought ours as well and there were many places available to refill. Tea was available throughout spa as well. There were hot tubs, temperate pools, cold plunge pools, steam rooms (aromatic and not), traditional saunas and a gorgeous infinity pool on the grounds. Salt water pool was available as well for n additional $40 but we declined. I had booked a body treatment and was glad I did to pass an hour in bliss as I'm not a huge fan of hot rooms but my husband enjoyed his time using the steam rooms without a treatment. We had pre-authorized $100 on our cc when we checked in so we didn't have to carry a cc with us. It was loaded on our bracelet and this is how we paid for our lunch. Two restaurants on site. One had fancier dishes while the lounge was mostly drinks and tapas. My husband had a beer I had a tropical juice and we shared a Mediterranean platter. Our bill was $42 with tip so the food is pricey. All in all a beautiful day to reconnect with each other for around $200. We arrived at around 9:30 am and left at 1:30.

2  Thank CanErin
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I want to thank Sebastien, the manager at the restaurant for his accommodating and excellent customer service for the restaurant last night. I live in Chelsea and used to go to the Nordik on a regular basis but then stopped all because of the rudeness of this one girl who had zero customer service. I went there one night with a friend for dinner only and got booted out so fast... my friend was so shocked the way we got greeted at the restaurant. The girl said if you're not doing a massage or bath, you can't eat here!!!! I said that was ridiculous and she said that's the way it is!!!!!!!! What this inexperienced girl didn't realize is, that are lots of amazing restaurants out there I can go to... the Mill in Wakefield is one of them. But I have always enjoyed the excellent food they offer there at Nordik so that is why I wanted my friend to experience the same amazing thing I did. I'd rather help my community with eating there than somewhere else. I was glad last night Sebastien made that happen.
The service was amazing and the food so great. So, I want to thank him for his exceptional services and he explained on a quiet night they don't mind but they like to reserve the restaurant for their guests who comes for the massages and the whole day thing. Atleast he took the time to explain that because it made no sense when we got turned around when we went that time.
Thank you Sebastien!!!!!!!!

Nathalie L, General Manager at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hi Chelsea n!

Thank you very much for your comment. I am glad you enjoyed your dinner at our restaurant. It was my pleasure doing an exception on that quiet evening for you.

Kind regards,