“Friendly place to stay and clos to the nature.”
Review of Hostal Veraguas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santiago de Veraguas
Hostal Veraguas
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed with my husband in the private room. it was really clean, big and confortable. We could cook and use everything in the kitchen and the owner is really kind. We talked to her a lot and she told us amazing stories of her life and Panama. She is really friendly and helpful. If I have the opportunity to go to Panama again, of course I will stay there!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 November 2012

I stayed at Hostal Veraguas 3 nights while I was touring the country of Panama. It was the first time I had ever stayed in a hostal, and I found it to be quite acceptable and a great experience overall. The owner is very nice, and the place is clean and well equipped for longer stays or short trips.

I would definitely stay here again when I need comfortable, clean accommodations inside the city of Santiago.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Since the first time I have been in Hostal Veraguas, I felt it was a place to come back to, not only for the warm hospitality of Lidia ( the owner) and the affordable prices but also for its unique peaceful and home-like atmoshpere. So I became affectionate friend, rataher than a guest, as it became like a second home since I was spending there my days-off when working in Panama. Definitely my favourite room was Santa Fè, which has its unique charm which I prefer to the most luxury hotels.
Santiago, despite not offering very much as a city, has an interesting district and it is in a strategical position to visit Panama or to rest if coming back from Costa Rica.
Lidia is also environmental-concerned and she offers eco activities and she likes to talk about new ones....and, if youlike painting, will give you the unique experience of leaving a footprint of yourself on the hostal walls.

Room Tip: Santa Fè and San Francisco, both on the first floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hostel offers a variety of rooms from dorm style to double private rooms. Prices are of the lowest I found in Panama and for what is offered it is more than reasonable.The whole place has lots of charm which is even topped by Lidias warm, friendly and always helpful person. She owns the place and operates it with all her heart. She will be eager to solve any inconvenince you might experience and is always interested in suggestions for improvement. Some aspects of the hostel go into the camping direction but with the pleasant part of having a roof over your head and Wifi if you need it. There are two kitchens you can use, one Panamanian style with a fire place and one quite good equipped "normal" version. Since the whole hostel is built around her own house and so to speak in her garden you will also be abled to get to know some Panamanian plants from kitchen herbs to fruit trees and orchids. I stayed here several times alone and also with company and I'm sure to come back whenever I will be in Santiago again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My girlfriend and I have stayed at this hostel a number of times and we found the owner very helpful and friendly. The hostel is clean and has a very unique "waste not" style starting with the numerous labeled garden edibles to the painting on the walls from previous lodgers. Very near to the bus stop (40cents to the terminal) and a mini market and budget restaurant. If you´re on a tight budget this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Out of all the hostels and B&B's in Panama I stayed at (and there were quite a few over 4 weeks) I found the Hostal Veraguas to be one of the more hospitable and by far the cheapest. Lydia (owner/operator) is a sweetheart and will do whatever she can to make your stay pleasant. She also gives discounts on lodging if you do community service work with her or help around the place! Two thumbs up.

Room Tip: If you prefer sleeping solo she has nice private rooms upstairs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We used Santiago as a stopover for our journey from Santa Catalina to Boqueta.

The Verugas Hostel is a long walk, or under two dollars in a cab fare, from the city centre. But we think it is worth the extra steps into the suburbs.

The hostel owner is lovely, obliging, well prepared, has a good hold of English and a fun sense of humour.

Our room was the Santa Fe double, which was beautifully decorated and included a full canopy mosquito net over the double bed, sofa, balcony, bath/shower and large fan (no a/c but we found it was fine with just fan). Very good value.

Santa Fe Room - double with bath/ shower - $10 pp

Our room certainly seemed like the best room, with dorms being slightly more simple.

• Stayed: June 2011
Galeria Hotel
Galeria Hotel
#3 of 8 in Santiago de Veraguas
Mykonos Hotel & Convention Center
Mykonos Hotel & Convention Cente...
#1 of 5 in Santiago de Veraguas

Been to Hostal Veraguas? Share your experiences!