Hostal Veraguas
Mykonos Hotel & Convention Center(Santiago de Veraguas)
US$110
US$107
Hotel Gran David(Santiago de Veraguas)
US$105
US$102
La Hacienda(Santiago de Veraguas)
US$83
US$25
  • Beachfront
Hotel Cubita(Chitre)
US$110
US$76
  • Restaurant
Hotel Vista Lago Ecoresort(Santiago de Veraguas)
TripAdvisor
Residencial Camino Del Sol(Santiago de Veraguas)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I spent several days here off and on during March 2013. The experience was top notch. Lydia is super helpful and the accommodations were clean, tidy and overall first rate. Lydia's helpfulness enabled me, a non-Spanish speaker, the ability to accomplish a lot more in Panama (not just in Santiago, but up into the mountains, out to the beach and west into Chiriqui) than I would have been able to otherwise. All in all, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: For a little extra money private rooms are available.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DentonPearson
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed with my husband in the private room. it was really clean, big and confortable. We could cook and use everything in the kitchen and the owner is really kind. We talked to her a lot and she told us amazing stories of her life and Panama. She is really friendly and helpful. If I have the opportunity to go to Panama again, of course I will stay there!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I stayed at Hostal Veraguas 3 nights while I was touring the country of Panama. It was the first time I had ever stayed in a hostal, and I found it to be quite acceptable and a great experience overall. The owner is very nice, and the place is clean and well equipped for longer stays or short trips.

I would definitely stay here again when I need comfortable, clean accommodations inside the city of Santiago.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Since the first time I have been in Hostal Veraguas, I felt it was a place to come back to, not only for the warm hospitality of Lidia ( the owner) and the affordable prices but also for its unique peaceful and home-like atmoshpere. So I became affectionate friend, rataher than a guest, as it became like a second home since I was spending there my days-off when working in Panama. Definitely my favourite room was Santa Fè, which has its unique charm which I prefer to the most luxury hotels.
Santiago, despite not offering very much as a city, has an interesting district and it is in a strategical position to visit Panama or to rest if coming back from Costa Rica.
Lidia is also environmental-concerned and she offers eco activities and she likes to talk about new ones....and, if youlike painting, will give you the unique experience of leaving a footprint of yourself on the hostal walls.

Room Tip: Santa Fè and San Francisco, both on the first floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hostel offers a variety of rooms from dorm style to double private rooms. Prices are of the lowest I found in Panama and for what is offered it is more than reasonable.The whole place has lots of charm which is even topped by Lidias warm, friendly and always helpful person. She owns the place and operates it with all her heart. She will be eager to solve any inconvenince you might experience and is always interested in suggestions for improvement. Some aspects of the hostel go into the camping direction but with the pleasant part of having a roof over your head and Wifi if you need it. There are two kitchens you can use, one Panamanian style with a fire place and one quite good equipped "normal" version. Since the whole hostel is built around her own house and so to speak in her garden you will also be abled to get to know some Panamanian plants from kitchen herbs to fruit trees and orchids. I stayed here several times alone and also with company and I'm sure to come back whenever I will be in Santiago again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo