“Not The Best”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Travelers Motel

Travelers Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bedford
Travelers Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bedford

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

Overprice, even for prox to airport or town. Very old room with old carpet and curtains, and no air circulation.... thus condensation on outer walls and bathroom floor, very musty. Had to resort to a portable fan for air circulation because 2 big windows were not openable. There are 2 more motel/hotel near by. Would try others next time.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank apain_10
Paris, Maine, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

The Travelers Motel in Bedford is very conveniently located just minutes from downtown Halifax. We have stayed there as a family twice for the purpose of taking our son to Dalhousie University. The first time we stayed in September 2011 things went a bit more smoothly than this time.

The good thing about the motel is, as I said, its convenient location. It's also got a funky retro feel that's kind of fun, but if you are looking for modern and posh, go elsewhere. I agree with the reviewer who says that the pricing is a function of proximity to the airport and to Halifax, but is not justified by the accommodation. The rooms are clean and housekeeping does a good job of keeping them that way. It is obvious, however, that back in the day the rooms were all smoking rooms. There is a lingering odor that will probably never be completely eradicated. The bathrooms have a multiple mirror set up that we joke creates a "mirrorception" effect. The fixtures are at least 50 years old in retro colors - our bathroom was pink - we don't mind that. Wifi connectivity was good and there is basic cable tv, which is fine.

We had some glitches this trip. There was confusion about how many nights we were booked to stay, so we got a call after the first night asking us when we were moving out. We explained that we weren't - we were booked for three days. The person at the hotel desk did not have 100% command of English, which may have explained things. We also had to ask for the proper number of towels for people staying in the room. Our tub did not drain properly, but seemed better as the stay went on. The ventilation in the bathrooms is inadequate - there is no way to clear them of steam other than just keeping the bathroom door open. There is no coffee maker and no complimentary toiletries e.g. shampoo/soaps. The train tracks run almost directly behind the motel, so if train tracks bother you, keep that in mind. We don't mind that.

The restaurant/diner associated with the motel is actually pretty good - it's catecorner across the street. It was a little pricey, but we find all restaurant experiences in Canada relatively pricey by our standards at home.

We are thinking of trying different accommodations the next time we are in the Halifax area, although we also thought about staying in one of the cabins instead of the main motel to see if we like that better if only for the vintage experience.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Beth M
Utrecht, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stayed here in July 2011. Everything is old, you do not dare to open the windows as the frames are rusty and i was scared they would fall out of the frames if i opened them. Room was dark, little daylight. Wireless internet was good. Biggest advantage is that it is not too far from the airport, which probably explains the price as the quality does not match the price.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ronvst
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

After a long trip by myself from Ontario it was great to have a comfortable place to stay so I stayed for 6 days. Management was there when I checked in at 7 that night 8 their time and did everything possible for me to be comfortable.The shower was real nice on my back after driving for 2 days, there was a fridge microwave coffee pot cups and tea. housekeeping was excellent.The manager was most helpful in giving me directions to Dartmouth and areas in Halifax that I wanted to visit.Most of all as a senior the price made my stay even better at less than 90$ aday it was a steal. Paid 154$ for a stop over in Edmunston but enjoyed this better. Was a restruant across from it and was open for 3 meals a day. If you love sea food short walk got you to Clearwater all the seafood you'd care for.I would highly recommend the Travelers.

Room Tip: I was up across from office the highway below and was not awaked by any noise ,except for ambulances
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Marie S
Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

The Travelers motel has the feeling of a 1960s holiday camp with its summer cabins. They are basic with no coffee making facilities, no internet and an old style tv that seems to pick up little apart from static. But the price was good and this place has potential.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank bundybear61
Cape Breton Island, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

The Travelers Motel. Owned by the same people who own the Esquire. Greeted by a fantastic and upbeat gal, who was happy to fire off a few great reccomenations for where to eat, and what to see! (Thank you Amanda) The rate was incredibly fair. And though I was expecting it to be a "No Frills" kind of place, I think I had expected more. The rooms really need some freshening up! OPEN those doors and windows!! there is a persistant musty smell that comes with OLD carpets. and while the bed was quite comfy, I didn't feel real comfortable with the bed covereings!! ( I had my own) There was NO coffee, or coffee makers, and though I could get a kettle for instant coffee, they had no mugs! ?? The Grounds are lovely, but wasted almost, there is so much they could do to improve this great old place! Change out the carpet. Buy those 2-4 cup coffee makers for the rooms, charge guests 2.00 for coffee, I would have gladly paid it!! Great traditional Motel feel, just needs some work!
OH! And perhaps you could invest in some WIRELESS!!!! Who doesnt offer that these days???

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Mamabear902
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Comfort Inn Halifax
#19 of 28 in Halifax
Chateau Bedford
#13 of 28 in Halifax
Downtown Halifax
Cambridge Suites - Halifax

Been to Travelers Motel? Share your experiences!