Heritage Hideaway Bed and Breakfast
US$81
US$79
US$81
US$72
Comfort Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$122
Agoda.com
Chateau Bedford(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$110
US$129
US$126
Future Inns Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$132
Orbitz.com
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth(Dartmouth)(Great Value!)
US$117
All reviewsb bdianetreathousehostscompany
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Diane is a gracious host and made our stay special with her wonderful breakfasts every morning. She even catered to our gluten sensitivity by baking special muffins for us!

The B&B is beautiful and well appointed and you'll have a very comfortable stay here. We stayed in the room with the private bathroom outside the room and it wasn't an issue at all. However, if you want an ensuite, consider booking the Heritage Suite.

It's hard to find fault with such a great place, but I do have one minor thing I'd like to mention . I've been to many B&Bs and they usually have a good recommendations on where to eat in the area as well as things to do. Some places have even printed the addresses and directions to their recommended restaurants. When we asked for restaurant recommendations at the Heritage Hideaway, we were told to go to Salty's. I'm sure it is a great place, but given that we were there for more than one night, it would have been nice to get a short list of places we could choose from, so we wouldn't have to do the research online. Salty's definitely isn't the only place to eat in Halifax!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Divz27
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had the privilege to spend two nights here while attending some training in the area. It is in a great location that enables travel to Bedford, Halifax, Fall River, and the airport. I learned it would be a great base for exploring the Halifax Municipality, South Shore, or Annapolis Valley. I was 10 minutes from my training facility in Fall River.

Diane and Martin are so personable. I laughed a lot. Also, the attention to detail in the home is impeccable. Diane's breakfasts were wonderful too!!!! :)

I would stay here again and highly recommend it. The B&B was easy to find and access. What a treat!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Laugh-Love-BeHappy
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at Heritage Hideaway on a business trip. I was tired of hotels and looking for something special. Well, I found it! Diane and Martin have done an incredible job of restoring their 1870 house and they equipped it with nothing but the finest - a great bed, wonderful towels and bath amenities and every convenience I could have wanted. Diane's breakfasts are incredible and she was extremely accommodating of my special dietary needs. All in all, a wonderful stay. I recommend Heritage Hideaway without reservation and hope I can stay there again soon.

Room Tip: There are two rooms, both with private bath but only one is ensuite.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank RickB123
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We have stayed in many B&Bs over the years but this is really one of the special ones. After waking up in your spotless and beautifully maintained room, you are greeted by the gorgeous view and sunrise over Halifax Harbour. Host Diane will then have prepared a fresh and unique breakfast each day of your stay - she truly loves her B&B and cooking for you and the treats that you will have are second to none.

There are some good restaurants a short walk or drive fromthe house, but as you are some way from town, i would recommend a car so you can fully enjoy the delights of Halifax and the surrounding area. In exchange, you get a view that you won't seee anywhere else.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TonyW8011
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was our fourth stay at the Heritage Hideaway. We almost always stay in B & B's and without a doubt this is the best all round B & B we have stayed at. Diane is the consummate host providing a caring, immaculate home with wonderful breakfasts. The location is close to the airport and it is easy to access tourist attractions in the area. At the risk of not having a place to stay the next time we are there, treat yourself to this B & B.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple