Oakley Hall Hotel
US$53
Travelodge
US$71
US$67
Premier Inn Basingstoke Town Centre Hotel(Basingstoke)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$84
Audleys Wood Hotel(Basingstoke)
US$119
TripAdvisor
Holiday Inn Basingstoke(Basingstoke)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$60
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Basingstoke(Basingstoke)(Great Value!)
US$84
Priceline
1,273 results
All reviewscourtyard roomafternoon teabeautiful groundsbombay sapphire distillerythe main housebeautiful hotelhampshire countrysideunderfloor heatingglasshouse restaurantsandwicheslittle toucheseggs benedictstaff were attentivelambfantastic staywedding venueclay pigeon shooting
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We held my father's 80th birthday party here yesterday. I can't praise the whole process from start to finish enough. The events manager was so helpful and kind during the lead up to the day and on the day the staff were perfect, the food was lovely and the room we held the party in beautiful. I would definitely recomend the hotel to anyone looking for a function venue, or indeed for a stay at a lovely country hotel with great staff and food.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The location is very quiet and rural, despite being so close to Basingstoke and the M4. Staff are friendly and relaxed but also efficient and professional.

We stayed in a Courthouse Suite with separate lounge and upstairs mezzanine level for the bedroom area; this really feels like you are in an apartment rather than a confined hotel bedroom. With the suites, you can park directly outside your room as well.

The suite was exceptionally clean throughout; contemporary bathroom with separate double shower and deep-bath areas. Complimentary toiletries including a cute yellow duck! Also luxury bath-robes and slippers laid out on the bed. Blu-ray players and TVs both in the bedroom and lounger areas - and a volume control to listen in the bathroom too. Bring your own DVDs or hire for free from reception (small refundable deposit). Comfy settees and chairs throughout on both floors, lovely dressing table/desk area upstairs with complimentary stationery in the drawer.

Mini fridge in the lounge had complimentary water and small carton of fresh milk (no UHT pots), and you could bring your own wine/beers of course! We received a knock at the door about 6 p.m. with a printed local weather forecast and two chocolates - nice touch.

The kingsize bed was exceptionally comfortable; high quality mattresses (zip-linked singles so no roll factor) and high quality pillows and duvet too. Exceptionally pristine.

Room service food was extremely high quality. Breakfast the next morning in the Winchester restaurant was also superb, as was the 5-star table service from staff.

The hotel was quiet during the week when we stayed, including the bar and library/lounge areas. As a big wedding venue this might be very different during weekends.

If you are looking for a hotel stay where attention to detail and service and quality has been thought about, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The suites are located at the back of the hotel in a separate courtyard area. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked this overnight stay directly with the hotel, it was our first visit and were unsure what to expect, as per the previous reviews the rooms are lovely, very spacious and finished to a very high standard. It was very peaceful which is exactly what we wanted. We had afternoon tea booked and this was very nice. As was the evening meal. My only issue and at the time was very annoying was that I was told the Rump steak was sold out and I couldn't have it yet whilst I was sitting at the table an hour later steak was being ordered and sold to other guests ! Again in the morning I asked for my mushrooms to be not cooked in butter yet it was and I couldn't eat it.

I would like to thank Shaun for his remarkable service , he is a credit to the hotel and if it wasn't for his service we may of considered not returning.

Hotel fabulous, restaurant needs work........................

This would be a 5 star review if there had a been pool facilities. We will definitely return when the restaurant has been extended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed a night for work, mid week and after the taxi driver struggled to find it, was quite happy to be there.

I was one of the courtyard rooms which are a short walk away, though nothing strenuous I'm sure they would have someone carry your bags if you were unable to and they do have brollies if its raining. You can also drive round to the room and park outside - perfect for those who feel the need. I gather they have some rooms going back in the main house, which I'm sure will be nice, though currently there's some building work going on, which they have tried to minimise the impact of as best they can.

My room was fine and good amenities, decent coffee for the kettle and a decent bed which made for a good night's sleep.

I ate in the bar and I'd have to say I was a little disappointed by the standard of food, maybe enough to make me think twice about eating there, but not about staying. Breakfast in the restaurant was quick and OK.

The real jewel though are the grounds - not sue how many acres there are but plenty to wander through and I can see why it would be a great place for a wedding. On my wander round, quite by accident I saw a deer and a fawn about 20m away - a really nice sight.

Overall, I'd certainly stay there again and look forward to when the main building rooms are done.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Lovely location in extensive parkland. Would be ideal for a wedding. Quiet and restful when we stayed in mid-week. Good size bedrooms with all necessary provisions. Proper thick-cut bacon at breakfast. The lamb chops in the 2 rosette restaurant were not as good as expected, (a lot of waste for the price), although the presentation was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business