We stayed at Playa Costa Verde in April this year ( bit late doing our review ) After we checked in at Gatwick we were told our 10am Flight was delayed until 6pm that day so it didn’t get off to a good start. We were told we could have Lunch at The Hilton at Gatwick we took one look at the Food and declined. The Hours seemed to pass quickly as we were joined by friends who booked the same Holiday as us to surprise to us.
When we finally arrived at Playa Costa Verde check in was quick and we were soon in our Room. We were very impressed by our Room which over looked the Jacuzzi area. The Room was very spacious with a very large Wardrobe. We had a Safe in the room along with an Ironing Board and Iron. The Wash area where the Sink was is separate from the Bathroom where we had a Bath and Shower along with the Toilet. Shower Gel, Shampoo and Soap were provided along with bath Towels and Beach Towels. Also in the Room was Satellite TV but the only time we put the TV on was to watch part of The Royal Wedding. Air Con Unit worked well and was very quiet.
Restaurants, we used the Buffet one most days and could always find something nice to eat, lots of variety. We ate in the Steakhouse Restaurant twice and both times had fantastic meals and service. The Japanese Restaurant was great especially when they cook your dinner right in front of you. We tried the Italian Restaurant and regretted it as soon as we sat down. The Staff were so miserable and one waitress was really snappy in the way she spoke. We ate at The Cuban Restaurant one lunch time and had a lovely meal there.
The Beach was lovely and clean, pure white sand and turquoise sea. There was a Bar on the beach for refreshing drinks and it also served snacks at lunch time. The Beach did get very noisy at times which was mainly young Canadians who couldn’t talk without shouting, all walking around with their huge and I mean massive huge Thermos Tankards which could easily hold 3-4 Pints. This also was the reason why we never sat around the Pool as it was over run by loud Canadians.... (I must add not all Canadians are loud)
We weren’t impressed with our Rep as he was only really interested in the sound of his own voice. And yes Mr Thomson / First Choice Rep I mean YOU... !!!
We found the Reception Staff were rude 99% of the time (mainly the women) the male staff were ok. On one occasion we asked at Reception about organising a Birthday Cake, the lady sent us across to the Restaurant Reservation Lady , who then sent us to a different lady, who then sent us back to Reception who then decided it was her job to organise it.... I get the feeling Reception Staff really don’t know what they’re doing and really don’t know how to smile or how to treat guests.
We did have a great time with our friends and made the most of the 2 weeks we had with them. We had fantastic weather and all came home with great tans. We would all go back to Cuba but we wouldn’t go back to The Playa Costa Verde....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation, buffet meals, 4 a la carte restaurants, 6 bars, 24-hour snacks and Lobby, unlimited drinks, Mini Club, pools, Jacuzzis, day/night entertainment, water/land sports with equipment and instruction, gym, meeting facilities, air-conditioned rooms with bathroom, hair drier, telephone, safe, satellite TV, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee maker, mini fridge with welcome drinks, terrace or balcony. All Inclusive! Plus ($): Internet, tours, hairdresser, and shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Playa Costa Verde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Costa Verde Cuba
- Playa Costa Verde Rafael Freyre
- Playa Costa Verde Holguin
- Costa Playa Verde
- Hotel Playa Costa Verde Cuba/Holguin Province