There are lots aspects that are very good and a few of which are exerllent but there are a few things that didnt just didnt sit right with me , My first impression was very good with a quick check in and a buggy to your room all good so far.
Each accommodaton block has 16 rooms with 8 corner rooms with wraparound balconies on the top floor and a large patio area for the bottom 4 rooms and inbetween there were a further 8 rooms that obviously had only the one window(patio door) . on entering the room we were really dissapointed with the room it wasnt dirty it just didnt look like they cared about it with cupboard doors of the rails and such so we asked to be moved and to the credit of the staff they told us we could have a corner room above our original room in the morning when the current occupants went home of which we were delighted and that room was fantastic , bright , clean and was perfect the difference was unbelievable.
Half way through our holidays we had a call to the room to say we needed to pack our things as we had to move as there was a issue with the plumbing , again these things happen but it does leave a bit of a bad taste when there is no personnal contact to explain the situation just a 20 second phone call we recieved no information about the new room i.e where it was or how long we had to pack and move so the wife started to pack our clothes into the cases and i went to reception to collect the new key.
After the move we settled for our second week and the room ended up been like for like which was room 4126 which was again perfect in just about all ways.
The beach is beautifull and takes about 15-20 mins slow walk to go from one side to the other and the sea is crystal clear ,you must take advantage of the free water sports as they are great .
I found the food good you will never ever go hungry and the staff and the cooks put so much effort into it and really try to please.
The pool is huge and was very rarely busy with loads of sun beds to take your pick from , it is busier at the weekends when there seems to be a lot more locals come for the weekend and they add to the atmousphere.
The waiting staff the cleaners the entertainers and groundstaff again do everything that is possible to help you and issues that i had i.e fridge cupboard door comming off , electrical failings and a snapped head board (its not what your thinking) were dealt with very quickly.
Out of the 3 reservation restaurants the Japanese is by far the best with the cuban behind and sadly the Italian in last place .
Overall had a good holiday but im not sure if i would go back but saying that now im at work sitting in front of my computer i would give anything to be back there right now : (
Just a afterthought aswell take a insulaton cup as the drinks in the plastic cups are not big enough to quench your thirst and the matresses are quite uncomfortable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation, buffet meals, 3 a la carte restaurants and El Bohío resturant with charge, 7 bars, 24-hour snacks and lobby, unlimited drinks, Mini Club, pools, Jacuzzis, day/night entertainment, water/land sports with equipment and instruction, gym, air-conditioned rooms with bathroom, hair drier, telephone, safe, satellite TV, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee maker, mini fridge with welcome drinks, terrace or balcony. All Inclusive! Plus ($): internet, tours, hairdresser, massage, car rental and shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Playa Costa Verde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Costa Verde Cuba
- Playa Costa Verde Rafael Freyre
- Playa Costa Verde Holguin
- Costa Playa Verde
- Hotel Playa Costa Verde Cuba/Holguin Province