“Fabulous Holiday”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rafael Freyre
Hotel Playa Costa Verde
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rafael Freyre
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband & myself stayed here 19th March - 2 nd April 2014. Had a great time the staff couldn't do enough for you and always happy & smiling, even the pool guys & the Gardeners.Enjoyed the food & it far better than some places we have stayed at in Egypt. You could always get something.Liudmila & Dayami in the restaurant gave excellent customer service & made sure we was ok as did the Bar staff at the swim up pool & main bar.
Our room was fine. Kept clean & tidy. Bathroom could do with an update but didn't bother us, didn't spend much time in there anyway. The Rep was helpful. Animation was good & friendly Leya was really lovely. Came. to wave us off the last day. We had a fantastic holiday & would love to go back one day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PAANDANN
Write a ReviewReviews (4,551)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

First the staff always happy to see you come back...You have reservations to the restaurants a la carte already singned in before you arrive.A>>>VIP diner for guest more then once at the hotel....The rooms are big and accommodating...There are jacouzy's to relaxe your body after a long day at the beach.Quiet at night,the shows are good,but we never go,to tired....Fun in the sun.....The place to do your snorkling....just great....The food is great also....no problemo!!There is a "flea market' on the property.They are building a shopping center just across the street from the hotel,very convenient..love the blue bridge to cross to get to the beach...restaurant by the beach(hot dog,hamberger,fries,even desert!!!) Beer,drinks,softdrinks,juice...agua....In the lobby,you have a piano player every nite ,a bar also,and restrooms...a store...fountains tooThere is lots more,find out by trying that lovely hotel it's worth the time to get there....

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor,less noise, near the blue bridge,quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Denise B
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed here for two weeks 28th July -11th august 2014.
We had transferred here from another hotel when we were told two months before our departure that our original hotel's pool was shut and we are so glad. We stayed in a suite which was huge. Two bathrooms , living room,kitchenette, dressing space,huge bedroom and two balconies. We were so impressed. We also had a view of the sea right next to the nature reserve.
We were quite far from the bar,pool and restaurant but that's what we,requested. The bar, restaurant and pool area were great. The bar staff were really helpful. Omar and Roberto in particular and they made us feel really looked after. The food was good although for me as a veggie it was sometimes lacking in variety but that wasn't a big problem as I liked what there was. The a large carte restaurants were great. If you are veggie you need to let the Japanese restaurant beforehand.
There was never a problem getting a subbed around the pool in fact we had a whole row to ourselves most days. The beach was gorgeous and again there was no problem getting g a sunbed. Beautiful clear water and great snorkelling, take some bread and the fish will eat it from your hand.
If you love wildlife this is the place and I do! Lizards, Geckos,land crabs, humming (doctor) birds, cats,herons,storms and fish. However we never saw a bug/lizard in the suite. We only get bitten by mosquitos a few times just make sure you spray.
Every Thursday theydo a hog roast this was of no interest to me but was to my husband.
Some of the entertainment was excellent but a bit hit and miss.
The day time activities were good and entertainment in the day was enthusiastic even though we are not into getting involved if you are it seemed great. However no-one ever tried to get us involved or were pushy like in some resorts. They left you alone.
We didn't go on Any trips as we go on holiday to read and relax but they seemed popular.
Great staff
Bar
Omar
Roberto

Tips
Take board shoes as quite rocky.
Take some large plastic mugs as plastic cups are tiny.
Tip people and you will make friends!
Leave behind any unwanted clothes and toiletries they are really grateful

The only minor moan was that the pool was never open at 8 and we like to swim before breakfast. We just needed change our routine. Anyway who needs routinrs on holidays!

Room Tip: 3512 great
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank scoobs70
Alexei R, Director of Sales at Hotel Playa Costa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear
Hotel Playa Costa Verde´s management appreciated very well your comments on the Tripadvisor. Looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have neglected to write a review in the past.My husband and I have visited PCV seven times in total. We hadn't been away for a bit...jobs, family, life :) My cousin from Scotland was visiting so we met after so many years...and then again and again. Now, we really need a break so where will we go? PCV. Sept 9-16. We can't say enough about .the staff, the beach, the food, the atmosphere, the lobby. Heaven on earth!
All of you Negative Ninja's at home!!!! Where can you get an ice cold beer or an espresso tout suite! SOOO relaxing....life is good! Thank you!

Room Tip: All good! Pool rooms are close to everything!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Margo M

Dear Margo
We would like you to receive our gratitude for posting your comments on the Tripadvisor which make us improve our service every day. Wishing Playa Costa Verde be your home away from home,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

HI, i don't want to sound like a socky baby but this time their loging was very poor, my sleeping comfort wasn't what i expected from a hotel, the matress if anything need an over due up-grading overall, all other amenities where to standard till the middle of my week there when i notice blackened sliced dried up radishes on buffet table, i am not shy about adressing issues to staff or personnel so i did but to my amazement they took it out but the next day and the following day after my adressing this tehy still set it up on buffet table which they fell is was good for unsuspecting guess to eat, later on it was taken out because i did made eye contact with the standing staff there, so this are small things but it isn't nice to neglect at all the quality of the product some unreasonable people put out for others to eat, needless to say i avoided all vegies afterwards and did inform my family menbers too not to eat them, another thing they do not use zanitary gloves when they do moping or cleaning because i was told they aren't provided by the employer nor implemented at all which is grossed me out since this people got to go home later and make food for their families too and migth cause some serious sickeness to someone if hands aren't washed propperly and dissenfected accordingly, as for the overall experience this time was really not good nor do i recomend this or any place in cuba to anyone since my heart and eyes have seen how un-hearthed people in charge can be, it was my second time traveling there and i though they migth had changed a bit snce my last visit there instead it was worse overall rating!.

Room Tip: rooms close in middle to near ocean are quietter
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PERLA201412

Distinguished guest,
On behalf of Playa Costa Verde Hotel staff and management team, I want to express our apologies for any inconveniences you might have had during your stay with us. We are really sorry you have this opinion about our Resort, however we don´t share your point of view. First of all we don´t have any complain from your part that allowed us to solve any inconvenience you would have had. You can be sure management team and staff are committed to increase the level of service doing special emphasis on hygiene. As any hotel in the world, we receive several inspections from the national institutions related with Health and Safety and also those carried out by the tour operators from different countries. We don’t have any situation with illnesses caused by lack of hygiene. There are strict measures to accomplish the requisites of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point System, which is implemented in our resort. The members of the staff have all the items and products to properly clean all the areas. We respect your opinions but also the opinion of the huge majority of tripadvisor members who have a radical different judgement. Anyway we will recheck all the hygiene procedures in our resort to avoid any incident that could affect our guests’ security. We would be honoured if you decide to return to our resort.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I returned from Playa Costa Verde on July 11th. This was one of the best vacations I've had in a long time. The staff were wonderful. The resort was breathtaking and the food was excellent. The rooms were large, clean and air conditioned. I required medical attention for an allergy I developed and both the pharmacist and doctor were warm, caring and took the time to listen and care for me. Caesar, one of the activity coordinators, kept us entertained with pool activities and dancing lessons. The only upsetting part of the trip was when my family was refused to dine at the Italian restaurant because my son did not have proper shoes. Who knew to bring dress shoes in July??? Oh well we dined in the buffet dining room which we always enjoyed. I would definitely go to Playa Costa Verde again!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Gordana K

Dear
Thank you very much for taking your time to give us your opinion regarding our resort. We are really sorry for your experience in the Italian Restaurant, but in order to improve the quality of our service in our A la Carte Restaurants ,we implemented a dress code aiming to create an elegant environment for your own wellbeing. We hope that way our clients enjoy a fancy dinner. We really hope this did not mean something too serious for you, and also to have you back!!.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have just returned from 2 weeks at Playa Costa Verde, and have had my best ever holiday, the rooms were large and airy, fully air conditioned. There plenty of space around the amazing swimming pool.
The food was lovely and plentiful, whether in the Buffet or the A la Carte restaurant
All the staff were really friendly, but Liane, Mara, Flaco and Caesar made our holiday amazing.
We had a pig roast, drank coconut milk straight from a coconut, saw lizards and crabs, rode in an old american car, and swimming in the sea was like being in a fish tank.
We went on a couple of trips, and met some amazing people, who I would like to think I will see again.
I dont recognise any of the negatives that are reviewed here, it was totally amazing, and would definitely visit again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
14  Thank Sarah N
Alexei R, Director of Sales at Hotel Playa Costa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Sarah

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rafael Freyre
Hotel Club Amigo Atlantico Guardalavaca
Islazul Villa Don Lino
Islazul Villa Don Lino
#4 of 4 in Rafael Freyre
Hotel Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran Club)
Hotel Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran C...
#1 of 4 in Playa Santa Lucia
#2 of 64 in Varadero
Villa La Roca
Villa La Roca
#2 of 41 in Holguin

Been to Hotel Playa Costa Verde? Share your experiences!