“THIS RESTAURANT IS CLOSED NOW !”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Danny Horseele - CLOSED

Danny Horseele
Price range: US$78 - US$314
Cuisines: French, Belgian, Seafood, European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Zuienkerke, Belgium
“THIS RESTAURANT IS CLOSED NOW !”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Sorry, this restaurant is closed because of financial problems, and will probably not open again. I just want to let you know, you don't have to spend the time to go there any more...

Visited July 2013

Hatfield, Herts
“Reasonable food. Appalling service.”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We were 2 couples. 3 Belgians. We spoke French. I am English. I realise this can present a problem vis a vis the francophones/Flemish divide in Belgium.

No menus offered. Told what was on offer. No choice. Not asked if any allergies.
Amuse bouches arrived before drinks order taken. Hadn't eaten first plates of amuse bouches before next arrived. Ten minutes later drinks arrived.

Amuse bouches were very good.

First starter of sardines was exceptional. The rest acceptable but perhaps not of 2 Michelin star quality. Onglet was tough. Dishes all beautifully presented.

Were given the choice 'cheese or dessert?' Like that. Those who had cheese were told 4 pieces only. They really have 2 stars?!

Drinks served like we were in a cheap bar. No care at all. Water chucked in glasses. Had to ask each time for more water, more wine. Bread not refilled.

Waitress had an attitude palpable. Each time she cleared our plates she knocked our shoulders. No apologies.

Plates not cleared quickly. 20 mins at one stage looking at our empty dishes.

Wine corked. Ok it happens. But felt like it was our fault. Everything was arduous.

At the end asked for bill. And were told it wasn't possible to pay with two cards. I asked calmly why. She refused to explain. She wouldn't even say sorry I don't know why. She simply said it was the orders of the boss. We asked to speak to him and were told he'd left. Eventually they took the 2 cards. I still don't understand why it was impossible.

I said that she neither did a good publicity for her country for foreigners or her restaurant. I have never had a worse experience in a restaurant. And I've eaten at fat duck, pied a terre. Gavroche, waterside inn, Carmelites, comme chez soi, paul bocuse so think I know what is expected of a Michelin starred restaurant.

Appalling service. Above average food. Don't go!

• Visited June 2013
Bruges, Belgium
“Bruges hidden treasure”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Great company, great evening, overwhelming pieces of foodart accompanied by great wines. Could not wish anything better than what we had. Amazing!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ChloeAJ
Schilde, Belgium
“The sweet taste of refinement”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Afternoon delight! It was a grey an rainy afternoon... that turned into a sparkling sun on a plate day! Japanese influences, interpretations of classic dishes that reduced our conversations to a silence that said it all... This is money well spent... time well spent... With only one regret... having to leave. A chef that still welcomes his guests in person... a staff and an ambience that make you feel at home. What more do you want.... money to come back?

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank DBL882
Antwerp, Belgium
“Surpricing”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

After big name 'Hertog Jan' we went to the more unknown restaurant 'Danny Horseele'. The location is more romantic. The atmospheer was more relax. The food was excellent for more than half the price. I could say that I should take away one star from '2 stars Hertog Jan' and give it to Danny Horseele, who diserved one star.

• Visited February 2013