“Fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chesham
Derby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We recently stayed here on the 13th to 16th of July and had a fantastic time, the room was clean and comfortable. The facilities were good. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The views amazing. Have highly recommended you to all our family and friends and look forward to staying with you again in the future. Thankyou for a wonderful, relaxing stay. Helen and Nigel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank helenc64
twin2009, General Manager at De Vere Latimer Estate, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
I am pleased to hear that you had such a fantastic stay with us and thank you for recommeding us to your friends and family.

Tessa Win

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed this weekend at Latimer Place which I picked on the spur of the moment and I definitely made the right decision. My girlfriend and myself found the views, building and grounds stunning, a beautiful old house with the bar located alongside the old library.

From the off service was good at reception, we ate at the hotel and had a few drinks at the bar which offered good quality for money. We both opted for lighter meal options and I myself had a burger which was well presented and arrived in good time, it was great to be able to be sat outside to admire the views and surroundings. I would rate the price of the hotel as reasonable and though the rooms were relatively basic the building has a great deal of charm and character and we were both very happy with our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smithr111
Thank you for choosing Latimer Place for your break away. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay and hope to see you again soon.
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This venue certainly made our course complete. Food was excellent, punctual and prepared with great attention and detail. Room was very clean and bed extremely comfortable. The grounds were simply stunning and felt like being part of a country house party. I would certainly recommend to anyone who is thinking of running a course here, the conference facilities were second to none with little touches like Black Jack sweets in the afternoons to give you a sugar fix and raisins in the morning to be that bit healthier. The swimming pool was warm and in great condition. It was a joy to stay here. Only thing that let it down was the receptionist when I arrived - she was not welcoming at all but this was a one off as the rest of the staff could not do enough to make you feel at home..

Room Tip: Ground floor away at end of corridors away from central reception.
1 Thank Alex J
I am so pleased to hear that you had a great conference with us and do thank you for writing about your stay on tripadvisor.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Pretty location
Conference facilities were good quality , with nice food and service.
Bedroom was a bit jaded, it overlooked a courtyard so'a bit dark.
Bars with games room was fun
Beautiful terraced gardens for a summer evening
Phone signal is poor in most places

1 Thank Coneyc
Thank you for writing a review regarding you recent conference here at Latimer. It is great hear from our conference guests and to learn about their stay.

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I went to this venue for three days and two nights as part of a residential training course. Admittedly I have never been to a business hotel before but this really was nice. The room was clean and had everything you could need. The actual grounds of the hotel were absolutely beautiful, there is a lot of countryside to look at which is nice at the end of the long day. The food itself was also very good and you will certainly not go hungry. The staff are also really helpful and you will be able to have free refreshments throughout the course of the day. The only problem that I encountered was slow wifi but apparently that it is better in the main building! I had no issues with this hotel at all.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
twin2009, Manager at De Vere Latimer Estate, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you very much for posting such a lovely review following your recent stay with us.

I ensure that all our feedback is communicated to the team, who will be delighted with your positive comments.

I am pleased to inform you that we will be undergoing a WI-Fi updrade in the next two weeks

I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have delivered Leadership training at this venue for the last year. As a vegan, I have dietary requirements and sometimes, at some venues, this proves to be a problem. However, at Latimer, I was introduced to the head chef who seemed to take a pride in coming up with new ideas and meals for me. Additionally, the venue conference team is superb, always making regular checks to make sure everything is going really well and that you have what you need. While the whole team is great, Ben always seems to be so eager to please and serve you right I get a touch worried every now and then about how I'm going to cope when I start to deliver programs at other venues! Great place hosted by great people.

Room Tip: Room numbers 201 - 210 are great for the views and the amenities.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

I ensure that all our feedback is communicated to the team and Ben especially will be delighted to see his name mentioned.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for one night as we were visiting Harry Potter studios. The hotel itself is stunning and has beautiful views. The main building bears so much history which is really fascinating. The staff were pleasant and welcoming on arrival and our room was in the mews building, which was nice enough, the only downside was that the building seemed really quiet and we were put in a room with a view of the roof so would have preferred a better view if it was possible. We had dinner in the restaurant which was nice, lovely desserts. The waiters were really attentive the whole time. The breakfast wasn't amazing but we were at the later end of it to be fair, there was a lot on offer though. Overall we enjoyed our stay and it was worth the £89 for room, dinner and breakfast - just wish we had some kind of view from our room!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

I have mave a note on your profile regarding a room with a view. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesham
Chartridge Lodge
The Grove Hotel
The Grove Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chandler's Cross
Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield

Been to De Vere Latimer Estate? Share your experiences!