We were staying as a group with friends, using 3 rooms. The rooms had been booked well ahead and adjacent rooms had been requested. Even so, my wife and I were allocated an 'upgraded' room (£10 extra) in a different building. So things didn't start well.
The room itself was modern and standard 'Travelodge' style. However:
- the bed was only 4'6" wide (though it was comfortable, this apart)
- the over-bath shower was the worst we have experienced in a long time. It was a domestic electric shower and the water flow was so weak we had difficulty in even using it.
- the room was tired and in need of a makeover. For example none of the taps had tops on.
Breakfast was OK-ish despite mildly chaotic service (I suspect they were under-staffed).
The staff were polite and helpful, though some seemed a bit inexperienced.
The best feature of this place is the large and beautiful grounds. Strolling around them helped to calm me down after some of the travails summarised above.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and HRS so you can book your Chartridge Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chartridge Conference Centre Hotel Chesham
- Chartridge Lodge Chesham, Buckinghamshire