“Business trip”

Novotel Barcelona Cornella
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank knesset
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,244)

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here for 1 night. Had a executive room: free wifi, softdrinks, separate shower and bath, clean room. Hotel is close to the airport (by public transport or taxi). Two points of critique: 1. the restaurant was closed during my stay, 2. the Novotel plastic sink in the bathroom is always a problem, water doesn`t go away easily (always reminds me of the Ibis hotel sinks). The breakfast is fine. Not close to the city center, but there is a railway/metro station closeby, as well as an El corte Ingles (including hipermercados). I would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Swaan53
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The good things:
Very friendly staff - I didn't want to eat in the restaurant on my own so had room service two nights running. On the second night I wanted something fairly quick as it was very late and the person who took the call actually suggested something that didn't feature on the room service menu and it was really good (a smoked duck salad) and also very quick. Very helpful of him. In previous stays I haven't always found their room service to be that great but both evenings were very good this time.

It's pretty close to the airport and 5 minutes walk to the World Trade Centre buildings at Cornella (not the WTC downtown though - be aware, there are two in Barcelona.)

The less good:
The bed was very creaky. Thankfully I was on my own so I was only waking myself up as I rolled over.
The wifi is patchy in-room and the TV had very limited English speaking channels - BBC News 24, CNN and Sky News. I scrolled through every last one of them and I'm sure they used to have a couple of BBC channels previously.
The hairdryer was broken. I can forgive them this and called reception at 08.00, with wet hair, asking for a replacement. I was told it would be sent straight up. I called again at 08.10, same thing. I finally called at 08.25, with three-quarters dry hair, to tell them that I just couldn't wait any longer as I had to leave to get to a meeting, to be told that they hadn't been able to find the technician to bring the hairdryer. Goodness knows why it would take a technician to bring a hairdryer. I had to leave the hotel with damp hair, which I was very unhappy about. There was a hairdryer in the room when I came back that evening, so I hope the next guest found it useful. If I were to stay there again, which I probably won't, I would feel the need to take a hairdryer with me just in case, which you just don't want to do when you are on a short business trip.

I've marked the service down as a result of the hairdryer experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank puffpuff
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear guest,

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Actually it´s a shame you have left from this hotel with a bad feeling.

Please sorry for your bad experience with the hairdryer, for us the most important is the comfort of our guest and We didn´t solve the problem with the hairdryer correctly, sorry for that.

Also thank you for your positive comments about the staff and room service, I am delighted to know these services were pleasing to you.

Actually your satisfaction is the most important for us and obviously if we didn´t meet your expectation you didn´t find the comfort enough.

AN. General Manager

Reviewed 7 February 2014

everything you expect, no more no less
The rooms are very typo al novotel, clean simple, and practical and fine, not bad not good just fine
there is a pool and sitting area outside but it is close to the motorway
there wis not too much noise intrusion from the highway thank god
the restaurant was not open in the evening, but there are a few small local restaurants near by. the bar food is adequate
the breakfast again is nothing great but is fine and adequate.

All in all Its a Novotel, practical, affordable, bland and a bit sole less. On the plus side its easy to get to half way between the airport and Barcelona, and the reception staff are very helpful and polite

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Russell E
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Barcelona Cornellà.
We appreciate very much you have shared your comments with us because is very gratifying.

We hope you think in this hotel for your next visit to Barcelona.

GM Novotel Barcelona Cornellà.

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Located close to the airport has its benefits, but not for a sightseeing in the downtown. Downtown is remote, but there is subway/railroad station close to the hotel. We found very nice restaurants in the neighborhood. Excellent! Owners and servants don't speak English, but service and food were supreme! And way cheaper, than in the downtown.
Hotel itself is clean, has children's corner and xbox. Food selection at the breakfast is so - so. Room - suite - was cozy and well equipped. Staff welcome and very helpful.
For the future I will consider this hotel as the starting point for sightseeing of Barcelona area by a car. No traffic jams - nice.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. For us the major recompense is to know our clients have enjoyed their stay in Novotel Barcelona Cornellà. I will share your nice words with the rest of the team.
We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Thank you for considering this hotel for your next visits in Barcelona.

A.N General Manager

Reviewed 21 January 2014

LOCATION - outskirts, without a car gets complicated.
HOTEL - my room is dirty, stains and dust all over. Have a look at the picture, they speak for themselves. Even the paper to order breakfast is dirty! look at the trash bin! and i got a "superior room"! If you choose ACCOR hotels because you think you get a certain standard, this is the result. Room extremely hot and thick air despite being January. Windows can be opened only to a point.
PARKING - 19 eur/day in a industrial area is the final nice touch.
Staff is kind and WIFI works properly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bridgerobe
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear guest,

I am sorry for your bad experience; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Barcelona Cornella.

I actually hope the response, which we gave you in the check out yesterday, was satisfactory.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

A.N. General Manager

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I'm currently staying here for work, little alternative. Been ok up til now but tonight. No service in the bar/restaurant. Had to ask reception twice. When they finally sent surly bar man along. He prioritised straightening tables while I waited at the bar. Then had no soda water, only tonic. Although had it yesterday. Asked if I could order room service and was told I would have to call from my room. Went back to the room to find the worlds most limited menu. No one to complain to. If I had a choice I would stay somewhere else. Dreadful

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank davemdarcy
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry that your previous stay didn´t meet your expectations.
I hope your following stays have been satisfactory.

Thank you for giving us another oportunity.

AN. General Manager

Salles Hotel Ciutat del Prat
#1 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat
BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel
#3 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat

Been to Novotel Barcelona Cornella? Share your experiences!