“Very good hotel, far from the city”

Novotel Barcelona Cornella
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We spent one night in this hotel, waiting for a flight, and was pleasantly surprised. A small, outdoor pool was nice. The small bar provided ice cream enough for the whole family. The breakfast was very good, and the room was fine.

3  Thank theSirraf
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind words. It´s a pleasure for us know you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Best regards.

A.N General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,251)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were yold by the Airport you could not get to this hotel by the meto ,If you are traveling you can take train from Airport to Gornal get off and take meto to Armella metro station on the pink line ,Hotel is 5 mins walk.nice pool hotel and room .Same train station to get a tain to city we were very happy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank macsboys

Dear guest,

i am very glad to read your comment, for us the most importan thing is your satisfaction. Thank you for the information that you provide, i am sure it will help another guests.

AN General Manager.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here for one night and overall a bad hotel.

Close to the airport - about a 10 minute drive.

Reception is large and clean, and girls behind the coutner were quite friendly. My only criticism here is that their English was quite poor.

Rooms were well equipped. Mini Bar, tea making facilities etc were all there. Bed was a normal size and quite comfortable however it was obvious the room hadn't been used for a while and the pillows had a terrible musty smell.

Bathroom again was large and clean with a seperate shower and bath. Only criticism here was there the shower leaked a lot.

The view from our room left a lot to be desired (overlooked a warehouse).

The pool area was large and elegant, as was the dining area.

Overall a good hotel for 1 or 2 nights if you need to be close to the airport. I would not recommend as a holiday destination as it's not walking distance to the city centre, and it's quite a business orientated location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keithdublin

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to write about your stay in Novotel Barcelona Cornella.
Your feedback is very important, we work for improve our service.

I hope you visit us again in the future.

AN General Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We got to this hotel by taxi since it was so far out of the city center. The guy from the train station did not know, if there was a metro to that area.
We got into the room and it smelled like an old ashtray! I could not stand the smell, so we asked for another room. The lady said she would send someone to take the smell out (she claimed they had a machine special for that). We came back an hour later and the still smelled awful. I went down a second time, and I think she was tired of me by the look I received. I got a headache from that awful smell! The floors were nasty, and to tub was not the cleanest. They did give me a toothbrush, and I was thankful.
Later there was another person in the front desk, and I told her that twice I was promised someone will come and clean the smell. She offered to change the room. By then, after ten hours flying, and two hours walking the town waiting for someone to clean the room, I declined. Even death by cigarette smell was welcome. I was too tired. However, that other lazy lady should have offered, when I first complained.
You don't get your money back here, so you don't like it tough! I guess the workers know this too!
This hotel is five to ten minutes walk from the metro, and it will take twenty five minutes to find it.
The bar staff did not speak much English, nor Spanish. One lady took our order, gave us the drink and left the area. We went inside and paid; as we were leaving first waitress chased us down for not paying! I am glad my husband remember the girls name! We told her, "she got your tip too"
They offer breakfast for a fee, and is not the best. They don't do eggs to order, nor they know much about what the things are. So don't ask, you might bother them! Maybe it was too early for them!
There is a Corte Ingles near by (three blocks) a huge store.
It cost us $27.00 Euros to the boat.
If you give me a free trip to Barcelona, but have to stay here. I would say "no thank you"

Room Tip: Tell them "you want a non smoker's room". Unless you don't mind an ashtray for a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank floribel071
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience.

I am sorry if we didn´t explain you correctly the way to get the train station, because actually is situated to 5 min from the hotel walking.

I hope you accept my apologises.

AN General Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel is nice , Room was Ok , like normal hotel room , staff at reception was courteous , Though it is a bit too far from city centre , didn't expect that being in Barcelona one doesn't want to stay too far from city centre . Though there is metro station Almeida close by , nevertheless it does take 20/25 minutes to city centre with one change.

Room Tip: choose any , in any case view doesn't matter in this location
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
NBCornellaHotel, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear guest,

thank you for letting us know your feedback about your stay in Novotel Barcelona Cornellà.
I hope you has enjoyed your stay and you liked the hotel and Barcelona.

Best regards.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornella de Llobregat
NH Cornella
#2 of 4 in Cornella de Llobregat
BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel
#3 of 4 in El Prat de Llobregat

Been to Novotel Barcelona Cornella? Share your experiences!