All reviews snow princess gala dinner northern lights last night snow suits snow village frozen lake entertainment team fleetway travel just returned from a night stay little girl chicken nuggets reindeer safari free tasters fit for purpose comfy chairs as stated in other reviews
Reviewed 30 December 2014

Just returned from here after spending Christmas. Hotel is lovely, very clean. Very friendly staff.
Stairs up to little bedroom are very steep but at the top there was a stair gate , so I would close that at night when kids gone bed and told them to shout me if they needed me. Shower in the room was excellent, very powerful. No need to take shower gel, it is included in rooms. As is a hair dryer.
Beds ok very thin mattress but I slept fine.
Food : food was lovely but not much choice for fussy children , my son lived on fries for 5 days ! Gala meal was really nice. Breakfast was great, plenty of choice.
The thompson reps were so friendly , they really made u feel at home and were excellent with the kids. Entertainment at night was great too, disco for kids with a quiz after for adults.

1  Thank Carly M
Reviewed 29 December 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay in Yllas booked through Thomson Lapland. This holiday was beyond our expectations. Not liking cold snowy holidays, we can honestly say we were never cold in the snow wear given to us which was excellent quality - worn but perfectly acceptable (even by my exacting OCD standards) - though I would recommend personalising your ski suit by taking your own hat! Before booking I read trip advisor reviews negating the quality of the food - well yes there were nuggets and chips - but there was also a delicious tasty, hot traditional local dish, vegetables, and soup starter with delicious fresh crusty bread, and a mousse type desert. Coffee and Tea was aplenty all day long. The breakfast was superb and the kids loved making their own waffles - please do not listen to negative reviews on the food as it really was excellent - and for 3 days it was a personal delight not to have to shop, cook and wash up! The hotel is clean and perfectly adequate for the many people wandering about in snowy wet clothes - a 5 star perfectly decorated hotel is just not what you need for this holiday - we felt comfortable, warm and at home from the moment we arrived. The location was perfect, a 10 minute walk to the souvenir shops and supermarket - slightly surreal pulling the kids in sleds, in the dark at 3pm! We didn't have a lot of snowfall whilst there, but this was to our benefit as we saw the Northern Lights 3 consecutive nights - the sky was clear and we were so lucky they truly are stunning. However, despite us worrying before we left that due to the mild winter there would be little snow, there was plenty everywhere - it was knee deep out in the forest when we did our taster sessions! My ONLY criticism on the taster sessions was that the Husky Dog ride was very quick - blink and you missed it - but the saving grace was that we were allowed to pet the beautiful dogs - and despite me not being a dog lover - even I gave them a brief stroke as they were adorable! We paid for 1 excursion to the Snow Village - I had to have a stiff drink as for 5 of us as it was approx £400 - but I have to say it was well worth it - and made the holiday even more special - we marveled at the ice/snow sculptures and the events the elves put on - especially the snowmobile ride in the dark at minus 10, which we did several times as it was fast, cold and remote - fab. The children loved the ice slide which had to be seen to be believed! If you book this from the UK it was approx 20 Euro per person cheaper - I would highly recommend, if like us it is your only trip. The visit to Santa's village was great, loads to do and we were looked after exceptionally well by the Elves - seeing Santa was a little too quick - but my children were happy so it ticked all our boxes. My 10 year old lad thought playing football on a frozen lake was amazing (so did I!) and the indoor sauna was a lovely warming relief when it started getting nippy. No proper flushing toilets there though - so beware - it was reminiscent of Glastonbury! All in all this was an amazing trip - would I return? Yes, in a heartbeat! My advice - if you are looking for a Lapland destination then book this trip you will not be disappointed.

Room tip: We had room 224 which was upstairs front facing - if you look at the hotel it the first window where the front of hotel juts forward slightly. Be careful as the mezzanine steps are very steep and in my opinion not suitable for young children or adults who suffer vertigo!
3  Thank Shelley D
Reviewed 19 December 2014

Just got back from a 3 night stay we had a fabulous time at this hotel. Rooms are basic but clean, they get very hot during the day so leave a window open. The food is edible there is usually something on offer that can be eaten. The stairs are steep to the second sleep area but it was a fun way to sleep. The tasters were short but fun. We also did the snow mobile, husky and snow village. You can probably do these trips cheaper rather than via Thomson, however, the elves that accompany you on each trip are priceless and add a little bit extra to the trips. Hot Toddy drove the children on a sleigh behind the snow mobile and made sure there was lots of fun hitting every bump. Holly Berry drove myself and my son on a husky trip for which I was very grateful and made it a fun adventure for us along with weaving some stories that kept my son in awe. Everybody we met was friendly, helpful and geared up to making the kids stay as much fun as possible whilst reinforcing the belief in Father Christmas. The Elves and Thomson Reps were extremely helpful, full of smiles and energy. The Gala night Panto is hilarious in particular the ugly sisters, my10 year old was quite impressed (which is no mean feat). There are plenty of sledges for everyone and the children loved playing in the snow.

1  Thank Hayley L
Reviewed 14 December 2014

Visited this magical place last week and cannot rate this hotel highly enough. Clean, warm, welcoming, delicious food and friendly staff. Me, my husband and our two daughters had the most amazing trip - better than we even hoped for. The Thomson reps were truly fantastic (thanks to Snow Queen Shaneece, Arctic Anna, Snowflake Sophie and Enchanted Emily). Nothing was too much trouble for these girls and they worked tirelessly.
Also a massive thank you to the Elves, in particular Candy Cane and Christmas Cake. I think you're the main reason that my previously doubtful 7 year old now fully believes in Santa and his Elves again. How you all manage to pull it off in such spectacular style will remain part of the magic of this wonderful place. I read previous reviews about this hotel, food etc, and was a little concerned but there was absolutely no need. We ate like kings three times a day, the children had the usual chips/pasta etc but they were more than happy with this, and the gala dinner on the last night was so incredibly well organised and the food was delicious.
Staff here were so friendly and accommodating.
From check-in at Gatwick right to the flight home, Thomson pulled out all the stops, so thank you for providing my family with the best memories imaginable!
Oh - and just a quick note to help anyone looking to book, the taster sessions are all brilliant and wait until you get up there to decide if you want to book the more indepth ones. They're very expensive and most of the children just wanted to play in the snow when they weren't on the included excursions. Or sleep. Its very tiring!!
Wish I could do it all over again!!!

4  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 13 December 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Snow Princess. Fully agree with everything in the last review. Rooms were nice and clean, staff were very friendly and food was good. The Thomson reps were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and they got to know every child by name. Location is excellent, out of the way but with a supermarket and a few nice gift shops just a short walk away. There were always sledges outside the hotel which you could just use as needed to save the little ones walking. At the front of the hotel there's a small area where the children (and adults!) can play in the snow and sledge safely. A fantastic family break. We would highly recommend this hotel and the whole Santa experience to anyone with children.

Room tip: Worth paying a bit extra to upgrade to a family room for a bit more space although as previous reviewers have stated, the stairs to the mezzanine are very steep.
6  Thank familygirl681