All reviews communal kitchen train station living room beautiful lake remote location town centre separate building home away from home min walk place to stay northern lights backpackers accommodation sauna lapland supermarket lounge
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Our room was in a separate cabin than the main building, and was spacious. Everything was spotlessly clean - including bathroom and shower. We had car trouble and the staff were quite helpful. Transparent curtains on a window facing the road were a bit tricky when it came to undressing, but otherwise everything was great! (went February 2017)

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I travelled solo to Finland and stayed at four different hostels/hotels during my time there. 7 Fells Hostel was by far my favourite place to stay.

It truly feels like a home away from home; cosy, welcoming, warm and very relaxed. The staff and other backpackers/travellers I met were wonderful.

I took the long train ride from Helsinki to Kolari train station. From Kolari, there is a bus connection which takes you right outside the hostel. Very convenient.

The hostel is located about a 15 - 20 min walk from the town centre. It's a beautiful walk with the fells right next to you. One of my favourite things about the location of the hostel is that there's the fells right behind it. Watching the sunrise from the depths of the fells is awesome.

There's a communal kitchen, and shared living/dining room. With showers outside where the sauna is located.

This hostel feels like a home, and I have great memories of the place/Lappi. Met awesome travellers, wonderful staff and a great time. Recommend!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2018

We stayed two nights at 7 fells Hostel and I wish we could have stayed longer. The place is cosy and clean and the atmosphere created with the other guests was very friendly and nice. Is a bit out of the "center" of Akaslompolo, which for us was not a negative point but a positive one. To reach the hostel was very easy by the ski bus which stops just in front.
The sauna was lovely and it was worthy to pay the 4€, of course, it would be better if it would be included in the price.
The showers are in a separate building, where the sauna is.For other guests that was an inconvenience, but not for us as we were going to sauna anyway.
The kitchen was clean and well equipped. I really like that they took they save from the trash the "old" pastries from a local bakery and offer them for breakfast :)
I loved the common living room and the evenings there :)
The staff was helpful when we asked about hiking routes, they were also easily reachable by whatsapp.The only thing is that the staff was not too much in the reception, they had very often a sign "we are cleaning" and I would have enjoy having more chances to talk to them, ask questions, share experiences and so on.
I really recommend this place for backpackers, solo travelers, groups of friends and all the open-minded people who is willing to meet other travellers in their trip to Lapland! I really appreciate the initiative of Tanja of openning a place like that in Lapland, where not too many "budget" options with personality and nice atmosphere exist.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank asanz94
Reviewed 8 February 2018

My husband and I stayed in one of the private cabins for our holiday in December 2017.

We were travelling by bus from Rovaniemi and Tinja answered all of my many annoying emails to assist as much as possible to help me navigate my way to her beautiful establishment.

When we arrive, we were not disappointed in what we found. The pictures truly don't do this place any justice. When I show people the pictures, they cannot believe that the cabin was a hostel and that it was so incredibly cheap for what it is.

Amazing location, fantastic cabin and outstanding customer service.

Would highly recommend and would love to return.

Kim

Room Tip: Private Cabin with Private Sauna
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

My friends and I had such a great time here! The location, staff and the feel of the hostel was very convenient for us. The staff were super helpful to help with our plans and good knowledge of the area. The hostel was great to mingle and meet with other travelers during the evenings along with good facilities. I couldn’t give higher praise as everyone made us feel at home.
Thanks for having us!!