“Wonderful stay in Langebaan”

and 1 more site!
Glenfinnan Guest House
Ranked #12 of 33 Langebaan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay at Glenfinnan. The room I stayed in is beautiful with a wonderful view over Langebaan Lagoon. Kay and Jim are attentive and excellent hosts that make you feel at home. The dining room is perfectly situated so that you can enjoy your meals with a pleasant view over the lagoon.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
KayS99, Owner at Glenfinnan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review, which is much appreciated. We are pleased to have been of service to you, and trust that you enjoyed your week in our region. With kind regards, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The room I stayed in was very comfortable, neat and tastefully furnished (ground floor). The room is spacious and equipped with DSTV as well as internet and bar fridge. Nice spacious shower with bathrobes, which is unusual for a bed and breakfast. Hosts were friendly and welcoming but not invading, I enjoyed chatting to them over breakfast. They made some good recommendations in the area. Breakfast is served between 7-9, which I found a bit early especially if one is on holiday but I have to comment on Kay's fluffy "real" omelette, I say real because I only know of one other person that can make an omelette like that and it is my grand-mother. I highly recommend it! The breakfast menu is well varied and the muffins that she bakes are equally delicious. It was perfect for my mini-holiday and I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Annaelle M
KayS99, Owner at Glenfinnan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for the review - we were so pleased you chose to stay with us and we look forward to the pleasure of accommodating you again - and will be sure to organise a later breakfast time!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

This place is perfect: nice location, in Langebaan center, nicest hosts, extremely (!!!) clean and amazing breakfast! Plus very very good value for money! I will recommend this to all of my friends visiting South Africa.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
KayS99, Owner at Glenfinnan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Thank you so much for spending your last day in South Africa with us, and we are so pleased your enjoyed your stay. Thank you for letting us share our passion for Langebaan with you, as well as talking to you about your amazing country and our experiences there. It was a pleasure to be of service to you, and we hope that you will return one day, especially to see the wild flowers! Ciaou...

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed at the Glenfinnan Guest house with my girlfriend and two friends for the last three nights of a holiday in South Africa. It was the perfect way to end a fantastic holiday. On arrival we were met by Jim and Kay, the owners, who were very welcoming. They showed us to our rooms which were beautiful. They both recommended great restaurants and attractions in the local area. They provided us with sun umbrellas for the beach etc.

I unfortunately was not very well one morning, missing out on breakfast. Later that day when I was feeling better, Kay very kindly offered to male some lunch for me as I missed breakfast.

To sum up, it is a lovely welcoming guest house in the beautiful area of Langebaan, only minutes away from the National Park.

We all loved it and would recommend it. We will hopefully be back soon when next in South Africa.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
KayS99, Owner at Glenfinnan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. It was our pleasure to entertain you and make sure the last few days of your holiday were as enjoyable as the rest of your trip. We always encourage our guests to enjoy the amenities of our town, in which we are fortunate enough to live, so we are really pleased that you loved it too. Next time you visit we will try to do even better!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The host and hostess were friendly and most welcoming, they sold the area with their local knowledge. The rooms were fully equipped, spotlessly clean, and provided everything a traveller could want, including daily fresh milk in the room fridge.
breakfast was a kings feast, with out of this world omlettes and home baking.
Cant recommend this establishment highly enough, truly a home from home experience, would definitely return.

Room Tip: The guest house did not have a pool or fitness centre; all rooms were good
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
KayS99, Owner at Glenfinnan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you so much for your review, and we are delighted that we were able to meet your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back, so that we can provide some more pampering and "tlc".

Reviewed 2 April 2013

as a family with 2 adult daughters we stayed at the guest house for 3 nights. we really enjoyed the rooms and hospitality of owners Kay and her husband. unfortunately the husband lost his cool the last day. one of my daughters left mascara on the brown towels. he was furious and took it out on me. As a housewife I know how easy it is to clean it. This is very unfortunately as we had such a good time. Needless to say we will not go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

We have just returned from our "hospital week" in Cape Town, and although I responded via e mail, I am repeating our apology and offer as follows:

Sent Thursday 4th April

I tried to e mail u 4 times Monday to apologise for Jim's
> terrible behaviour which spoilt your weekend, but kept bouncing back.
> Then had to rush to Cape Town hospital. Please accept our
> unconditional apology for his outburst and as gesture of goodwill would
> like to offer complimentary weekend for you both plus
> bottle of wine, to say sorry and try to make up for his behaviour. We
> do hope you can accept this any time to suit you, subject to
> availability. There is no excuse but have to say he was very agitated
> over operation. I have never seen him behave like this before and am
> so sorry. He had 6 hour op Tuesday and still in ICU but hope he will move to ward today. Onceagain please accept sincere apologies to all. Regards.
> Kay

Sent from Samsung mobile

I am also attaching your response, and we do hope you will take up our offer.

Good Evening Kay

Thank you for your mail. Do not sweat. Everything is ok. No ill feelings.
Hope your husband get well soon. I am a senior member at Trip Advisor so therefore the info.
Your hospitality was excellent as well as your food.

Regards

Reviewed 14 March 2013

We only stayed 2 nights at Glenfinnan but will stay longer next time.
The room was light and airy and a nice touch was that towelling dressing gowns were provided for the guests.
The breakfast was lovely home cooked by Kay, everything you could think of was there for you.
After a tiring journey from Cape Town Kay was there to welcome us and made us feel very welcome, as did Bill working out our route for our next port of call.
If you are planning a trip to Llangaban look no further I guarantee you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: We liked the Lagoon room sit out on the balcony and you can see the sea
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, which is really appreciated. It was our pleasure to be of service and assistance to you, and we will certainly look forward to welcoming you again one day, so that you can spend more time in our "little corner of paradise" and our blue lagoon!